• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bobcats claim Brendan Haywood

Dpantherman

Sure, but a lot of guys have the potential to be GREAT. McAdoo hasn't shown anything so far but the ability to shoot airballs from one side of the basket to the other. We'll see if he calms down this season. The good thing for him is he has A LOT of room to improve, so since his stock was already high, he really can't do anything but improve it, because he didn't do anything last year but run around like a headless chicken.

Toward the end of the season his shot definitley improved.

I'm sure you saw the ACC and NCAA Tournament's.

The last seven out of nine games for McAdoo resulted in only two games where he shot less than 50% from the field. I followed McAdoo's high school career closely (like I have Tokoto's) and I was pleasantly surprised when McAdoo struggled with his shot at the beginning of the year because he was an average to above average shooter during high school. I attribute his struggles to the simple fact of him having to adjust to Roy Williams system and college basketball.

The James Michael McAdoo I expect us to this year is the James Michael McAdoo that went five for eight from the field and four for six from the line for 14 points and eight rebounds in the quarterfinals against the Terps.

Be prepared for this JMM this coming season.

Kelly reminds me a lot of Ryan Anderson.

I personally got to play against him in high school and he his a very talented player (he also date's Bill Cowher's daughter lol).

I could see him having a good career in today's nba. He has better handles then Anderson which give him more upside.

Hopefully The Chin is showing him some Football workouts so he can build power.

He needs to work on his inside game rebounding and defense. If he shows better at this he could sneak into the 1st round.

Never said hes a legit Center. Im saying hes a decent center enough to play that spot for now and 2013 where it gives us the opportunity to draft a prospect like Shabazz or McAdoo. Noel and Zeller are also great prospect, but I could wait with Haywood or Biyombo.

He should give us a couple years of legit C play. Hopefully, long enough to see what Biz has at the 5 position.

Toward the end of the season his shot definitley improved.

I'm sure you saw the ACC and NCAA Tournament's.

The last seven out of nine games for McAdoo resulted in only two games where he shot less than 50% from the field. I followed McAdoo's high school career closely (like I have Tokoto's) and I was pleasantly surprised when McAdoo struggled with his shot at the beginning of the year because he was an average to above average shooter during high school. I attribute his struggles to the simple fact of him having to adjust to Roy Williams system and college basketball.

The James Michael McAdoo I expect us to this year is the James Michael McAdoo that went five for eight from the field and four for six from the line for 14 points and eight rebounds in the quarterfinals against the Terps.

Be prepared for this JMM this coming season.

His "shot" didn't improve much. He calmed downed and played more under control, so he was able to convert some rebounds into points. His jumper and post game is still much more of a work in progress than I also expected it to be when he got to UNC. Like I said, we'll see how he performs this season. He'll have "Barnes-like" pressure to carry UNC, which he should be able to do since UNC's offense runs through the post out, not from the wings in. He'll be the first option each possession, so he'll have ample opportunity to improve his stock.

His "shot" didn't improve much. He calmed downed and played more under control, so he was able to convert some rebounds into points. His jumper and post game is still much more of a work in progress than I also expected it to be when he got to UNC. Like I said, we'll see how he performs this season. He'll have "Barnes-like" pressure to carry UNC, which he should be able to do since UNC's offense runs through the post out, not from the wings in. He'll be the first option each possession, so he'll have ample opportunity to improve his stock.

You must not remember much toward the end of the season. He was shooting 50% regularly from the field throughout the ACC and NCAA Tournaments'.

Are you a Duke fan? Kelly sucks dude. He wont amount to anything in the pro's. Ryan Anderson-LITE.

Not that I think Ryan Kelly will be that good, but your argument doesn't hold any water. I would take Kelly if he could average anywhere near what Ryan Anderson averaged this year, 16 points, 8 rebounds.

Archived