• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bobcats claim Brendan Haywood

Dpantherman

Sweet, now let's just get Jamison and call it an off season.

2012-2013 Current Roster

PG: Kemba Walker, Ramon Sessions

SG: Gerald Henderson, Ben Gordon, Reggie Williams, Matt Carroll

SF: Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Jeffrey Taylor, Derrick Brown

PF: Bismack Biyombo, Tyrus Thomas

C: Brendan Haywood, Byron Mullens, DeSagana Diop

If we sign Jamison, I can see Carroll, Thomas and Diop as the three inactive's for each game.

We have had a very nice offseason. I like the roster. Its going to be an exciting year. Things are looking up for the Bobcats! We will have the money to sign a star as well and have created a roster to where a star could say, ok I think I could be that missing piece.

Thats all I asked for.

How many games do you think Haywood plays...in limited time he gets banged up every season it seems. He adds a presence but id rather have a Scola or JJ hickson.. Ben Gordon is really an awkward fit for the roser..he adds shooting but a 6'0 tall backcourt is not exciting.

I want to see a lot of MKG, Taylor and Gerald Henderson...if they go small.

Great move. We'll still get a high draft pick, but we'll hopefully be a bit more respectable and fun to watch (ie sell some tickets) with this roster we're putting together. Build through draft and smart signings. A big like Haywood for 2 mill a year, at age 32, is not bad at all. He won't put up a ton of points but he'll give us another defensive guy down low when Biz is on the bench. If Tyrus can somehow turn it around we'll have a decent defensive front court to play around with.

This offseason continues to be a success. I can't expect anything more than what has been done. If we can get Jamison or if we possibly go after Scola, that'll be icing on the cake.

How many games do you think Haywood plays...in limited time he gets banged up every season it seems. He adds a presence but id rather have a Scola or JJ hickson.. Ben Gordon is really an awkward fit for the roser..he adds shooting but a 6'0 tall backcourt is not exciting.

I want to see a lot of MKG, Taylor and Gerald Henderson...if they go small.

That's not a a small lineup at all, two of those three guys are great sized small forwards.

If they go small, expect a Walker and Gordon combo, which shouldn't happen at all because those two probably can't play together. When Gordon is in, I expect Sessions to be in.

Also I give Haywood 3/4 of the season.

Finally, they are still looking to bring in another power forward (Humphries, Jamison, Scola, and Landry are all options).

Archived