• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sherrod Martin

uptowndlo34

I know the guy can be a playmaker......three INTs in one quarter, but it jus seems like the guy had quite a bit of a history with injuries...he was hurt in 06 and 07... seems like kind of a high reach for someon e in the 2nd round....nonetheless i hope he stays healthy and contributes in a big way....jus seems like he has a bit of a problem staying on the field

With as much playing time as they see i honestly think that we "start" 3 corners.

I think marshall will hold the same position he has had since he's been here which is the slot. Martin will play outside.

Marshall isn't the replacement for Lucas, Martin is.

I'm 100% positive this will be the case, but I don't know whose name will be with the 1st stringers on the offense.

Speaking of martin, i was re-reading the sporting news draft mag and even though I can't find him in the rankings, they said martin was a perfect fit for us at corner, wierd.

What were the injuries? I think that is important in analyzing whether he is the feared injury prone or not...

he messed up his shoulders and broke his hand. Nothing too bad. As long as the knees are good I don't worry too much about rookie's injury history.

With as much playing time as they see i honestly think that we "start" 3 corners.

I think marshall will hold the same position he has had since he's been here which is the slot. Martin will play outside.

Marshall isn't the replacement for Lucas, Martin is.

I'm 100% positive this will be the case, but I don't know whose name will be with the 1st stringers on the offense.

Speaking of martin, i was re-reading the sporting news draft mag and even though I can't find him in the rankings, they said martin was a perfect fit for us at corner, wierd.

I heard one of the commentators at the draft on NFLN say the same thing right before we picked him. It was the first time I'd ever heard of him.

Who the hell knows whether those college injuries will affect him in the pros? Dan Morgan never missed a game in college, so it's all a guessing game anyway. I am confident that the Panthers did their homework on all of these players though, so we have no choice but to trust them.

I agree that he fits this defense well though. I don't even want to hear anymore about Sean Smith, because the only thing he has over Martin is a couple of inches of height. Martin was better than Smith in all of the agility drills and he's known as a hard hitter with a nose for the ball.

Who the hell knows whether those college injuries will affect him in the pros? Dan Morgan never missed a game in college, so it's all a guessing game anyway. I am confident that the Panthers did their homework on all of these players though, so we have no choice but to trust them.

I agree that he fits this defense well though. I don't even want to hear anymore about Sean Smith, because the only thing he has over Martin is a couple of inches of height. Martin was better than Smith in all of the agility drills and he's known as a hard hitter with a nose for the ball.

lol at that

lol at that

Well, you can lol all you want, but the proof is in the numbers...

Martin had a better vertical jump...36" to Smiths 34"

broad jump...Martin-10' 3" Smith-9'11"

3 cone...Martin-6.60 Smith-6.98

and 20yd shuttle...Martin-3.98 Smith-4.16

The 3 cone and 20yd shuttle are the most important drills for a DB, as far as I'm concerned, because nobody is gonna just run go routes against you all day long in the pros.

Archived