• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

gettis running full speed

That's what I like hearing, he's someone I'm really pulling for. I like what everyone else is doing but I want to see him out on the field this year. I mean can you imagin if team had Smitty, Murphy and Gettis on the field at the same time. The other teams Def would have a difficult time covering someone because all of them are fast.

:huh: Have we suddenly turned into the raiders or something. I don't think speed will work in this picture unless Murphy and Gettis catches the balls all the time. Speed is a big plus. But unless both Gettis and Murphy both catch the ball all the time. Don't see them been on the field as number 2 and 3 WRs. Lafell is number 2 right now with no one else really coming close to getting it from him. Murphy is climbing up to number 2. But he has a long way to go to get it from Lafell. Gettis on the other hand has to earn his spot at 3 as of right now when he comes back on the field. Murphy already has the 3rd spot for now. But number 1 and 2 is set. You will not see Steve, Murphy, and Gettis on the field at the same time for a long time. ;)

I still think he will take the #2 spot and Murphy will take the #3 spot, we need more dynamic speed on the field and Lafell just doesn't have it, that and he is as dumb as a brick.

Really!! I guess what Lafell did last year was just fluke I'm guessing. Are you kidding me. If Lafell was dumb as bricks then he wouldn't be number 2. Far as speed goes. Moose was number 1 for many years before Steve came along and Moose was no faster then Lafell is. Been fast ain't always got to be. Just so long as Lafell go up for the ball and win most of the fights and come down with for a completion. Which he did last year. He will keep the number 2 spot.

Really!! I guess what Lafell did last year was just fluke I'm guessing. Are you kidding me. If Lafell was dumb as bricks then he wouldn't be number 2. Far as speed goes. Moose was number 1 for many years before Steve came along and Moose was no faster then Lafell is. Been fast ain't always got to be. Just so long as Lafell go up for the ball and win most of the fights and come down with for a completion. Which he did last year. He will keep the number 2 spot.

Guess you have not seen his twitter, that and the reason it took his so long to get on the field being he was slow learning the playbook, last season he was far from spectacular, Gettis runs better routes has more speed and if you have been to TC this year you would not question his hands, had he not been injured last season this would not be a conversation.

I still think he will take the #2 spot and Murphy will take the #3 spot, we need more dynamic speed on the field and Lafell just doesn't have it, that and he is as dumb as a brick.

LaFell doesn't have that elite speed of Murphy and Gettis but he has proved that he can play and play at a high level. I wouldn't immediately take him off the field because Gettis is running at full speed. LaFell has an edge of them both because of his knowledge and experience with the playbook and system. Gettis and Murphy has to play catch up. Trading for Murphy tells me that Gettis isn't coming along as well as Rivera would like or the depth behind Gettis isn't as good as Rivera wants. But don't get me wrong, I hope Gettis and Murphy beast out............Smith, LaFell, Murphy, Gettis, Olsen, D Will, J Stew, M Tolbert and Cam. All I can say is D@m*

:huh: Have we suddenly turned into the raiders or something. I don't think speed will work in this picture unless Murphy and Gettis catches the balls all the time. Speed is a big plus. But unless both Gettis and Murphy both catch the ball all the time. Don't see them been on the field as number 2 and 3 WRs. Lafell is number 2 right now with no one else really coming close to getting it from him. Murphy is climbing up to number 2. But he has a long way to go to get it from Lafell. Gettis on the other hand has to earn his spot at 3 as of right now when he comes back on the field. Murphy already has the 3rd spot for now. But number 1 and 2 is set. You will not see Steve, Murphy, and Gettis on the field at the same time for a long time. ;)

I definitely see where your coming from and agree with a lot of what you said, but I'm also looking at the fact that chud likes to get very creative when calling offensives plays. So nothing is ever out of range if Murphy and Gettis are showing up and making plays you very well could see something like this but that's just my opinion.

Guess you have not seen his twitter, that and the reason it took his so long to get on the field being he was slow learning the playbook, last season he was far from spectacular, Gettis runs better routes has more speed and if you have been to TC this year you would not question his hands, had he not been injured last season this would not be a conversation.

Dude your kidding me right. Yes Lafell struggle in his first few years. Last year he had 600+ yards receiving. Not bad considering most of the passes was to Shocky and Smith and most of the time it was Cam running with the ball or the other RBs running with the ball as welll. Lafell came up with big passes and did good afterwards getting yards. Going into his 4th year he will get even better. Gettis had one good year 2 years ago with around 500+ yards. Gettis since then has been injuried and has showed nothing. Lafell has showed last year that he can get it done and he has improved greatly when it comes to catching the ball. I guess since you either didn't watch many games last year or your just to blind to know that Lafell has greatly improved last year as number 2.

Being fast isn't everything. Just look at what jerry rice accomplished with a mediocre 40 time.

Guest Bwood

First of all this comes from the biggest Cam hater ever so you have no credibility. What makes you think anyone is going to take your talent evaluation seriously?

Did you watch last season at all or were you still butt hurt that we drafted Cam? LaFell statistically has the best hands in the NFC south and played a huge rule for a rookie QB with no offseason. LaFell has been on the field since a rookie so I have no idea what you're even talking about there.

And he is dumb as a brick? Just because he talks like most black athletes with his friends on twitter?

anyone thinking that lafell will have anything worse than 3rd on the depth chart and base part of that assumption on what they see on his tweeting deserves to not be taken seriously.

unless you like talking to brick walls (a highly overrated activity, tbh), i wouldn't waste time talking to them.

First of all this comes from the biggest Cam hater ever so you have no credibility. What makes you think anyone is going to take your talent evaluation seriously?

Did you watch last season at all or were you still butt hurt that we drafted Cam? LaFell statistically has the best hands in the NFC south and played a huge rule for a rookie QB with no offseason. LaFell has been on the field since a rookie so I have no idea what you're even talking about there.

And he is dumb as a brick? Just because he talks like most black athletes with his friends on twitter?

Right I'm hating on him because he is black yet I'm in the same sentence supporting David Gettis (who last I checked is also black) the primary reason being his speed and the fact that he has proven to be a faster learner.

LOL dude, I have long since admitted that I was wrong about Cam, I supported him before the first preseason game last year, all I care about is winning Cam has proven the haters wrong (at one point myself included) His work ethic and desire to win can not be questioned,neither can his talent, find one post of mine after june 2011 were I did not support Cam 100%.

You joined in june 2011 because of the Camwagon no doubt, the funny thing is you were not even a member yet when I wasn't a Cam supporter.

And I was more or less referencing his inability to learn the play book last season he would have passed Nannee before the season if he had been able to learn it.

Guest Bwood

I didn't say you were hating on him for being black, don't make this a race thread. I was saying that's how him and all of his friends on twitter talk and I don't give a fug what he does in his personal life and neither should you.

Naane starting over LaFell was a fluke last season and should of never happened. LaFell out performed him the rest of the season and has continued to progress and learn the playbook. He's performing at a high level in TC so far while Gettis remains on the PUP.

I'm a Gettis fan but the #2 receiver competition is Murphy vs. LaFell right now.

Archived