• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

DWill, JStew, and Tolbert

TheOracle

Eli Manning will sacrifice his body.

I don't want Carolina taking the wheels off a 22 yr old Newton. just silly....will also hurt his game enormously this early into it.

Cam wanted the spread option looks. Chud gave it to him. Cam gets to call the shots there. I don't think Cam is worried.

We have the chance to see something special with Newton....embrace it.

Just like Minny embracing Dante. Until Evans took his career away. Although, that was a scramble. IIRC. No, I believe it was a draw. Yeah, that's what it was, a draw. Hellz, now I cannot picture it anymore.

Our 3 back set, can turn into a 1 back set in a matter of seconds. All of a sudden you have Smitty wide and DWill in the slot. Lafell wide and Tolbert in the slot. Or any of a myriad of ways to use talent. Motion, misdirection, weave, bob, and roll baby.

Oh, another thought has occured to me. Just because we want to cut down on the amount of carries Cam gets. Does not mean we are going to handcuff him either. You occasionally stretch things, but handcuffing him? By taking a few runs away? Seems a might over the top for me.

I embrace Cam as a freak. I want that FREAK around forever. I just cannot see how taking a few carries a game away from him would be a hinderence to his growth?

Sure, he could....there are also much better ways to utilize Cam Newton's skill set and the problems he creates. What you are fixated on is the RBs and finding away to prove it is worth having so much talent there. Everything Chud has shown, is that his offense is going to be Cam focused.

Chud is a passing guy. Cam is going to decrease that number some....but we had a rookie QB last year and I can't recall the last time RBs/FBs carried the ball less in Carolina. I don't see 1960s football being the next logical step. Fun for a down here or there..... Bc Chud likes fun. 80 times? No chance IMO

I guess we'll soon find out how we're going to use Tolbert, D Will and Stew soon enough. I think I'm going to enjoy it either way.

Just like Minny embracing Dante. Until Evans took his career away. Although, that was a scramble. IIRC. No, I believe it was a draw. Yeah, that's what it was, a draw. Hellz, now I cannot picture it anymore.

Our 3 back set, can turn into a 1 back set in a matter of seconds. All of a sudden you have Smitty wide and DWill in the slot. Lafell wide and Tolbert in the slot. Or any of a myriad of ways to use talent. Motion, misdirection, weave, bob, and roll baby.

Oh, another thought has occured to me. Just because we want to cut down on the amount of carries Cam gets. Does not mean we are going to handcuff him either. You occasionally stretch things, but handcuffing him? By taking a few runs away? Seems a might over the top for me.

I embrace Cam as a freak. I want that FREAK around forever. I just cannot see how taking a few carries a game away from him would be a hinderence to his growth?

Taking away a few of Cam's carries doesn't = running the wishbone 80 times. That is my point.

That is the problem with so much talent at RB. That people want us to bring in the wishbone to try to justify it all.

I do think Tolbert and Stewart could steal some goaline work this year. I think we could see a lot of Tolbert and a RB this year at the goal.

But wishbone is gadget talk.

Every time someone refers to Stewart as "JStew", the douche chills i get reach deeper and deeper into my bones.

I'm surprised MTol hasn't caught on yet with all the fruity nicknames being coined on a daily basis here.

He already has a nickname but I like the sound of your suggestion of MTol catching calls from CNew

Original_Inverted_Wishbone.jpg

I run this, in madden.

Madden = Real Life

At least twice, I would put DWill deep in the backfield on that one with Tolbert and JStew beside each other. Once I would give it to Williams. The next time I was in that formation, I would fake the hand-off to Williams as Tolbert and JStew stepped up and blocked, and then I would hit the receiver deep down the field, because it's going to be there.

Archived