• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chud's New Playbook

redbuddha

teams that succeed build the offense around the talent they have.

i don't want to copy what other teams are doing. i want us to create something that others want to copy.

fortunately we have here a creative mind developing and running the offense that doesn't seem to get caught up in trends.

i expect we will have a very balanced offense that is the most creative in the league that centers around cam but makes full use of all the weapons at our disposal. none of this one dimensional crap. i don't want to swing from a run centered to pass centered. i don't want to be put in any box.

we have the best RB corps in the league. we have one of the best QBs in the league. we have a very solid up and coming receiving corps. use all of it and force defenses to decide which they want to try and defend. there's no way they are going to be able to stack the box and not get burned by the passing game. there's no way they are going to be able to run a cover D and not have us cram the ball down their throats. defenses have to pick their poison. one way or another it's going to kill them.

same playbook, not a new one. They'll just get to use more of it, same as on defense. A lot more varied looks from formation, shifts, motion...with their base personnel, any of three secondary receivers can motion outside formation and still have a running back threat.

What I'd expect - they'll still take shots deep. There's still a lot of zone running behind power. Probably more playaction. But the route usage is the same - lot of receiver comeback, deep out, deep cross; Olsen will run up the seam more but will still have plenty of drag, drive, cross concepts, and will work the outs behind LaFell; the backs will have plenty of opportunities, but Tolbert's will be a little deeper, less swing, etc and more skinny post, maybe working the drive underneath Olsen.

as far as the option, probably won't see it much less but Cam will be pushed to pitch more. With Tolbert on the field it won't be as easy to read that it's an option play (we had to bring a back on without one coming off). Stewart may very well get to run the pitch man at times. May see more split backs, whether option or not.

The Giants.

I agree they are elite by normal people standards, but they had at least seven weak moments last year, so by your criteria they cant be elite.

By normal people standards SF special teams are elite.

-K, P, LS all made the pro bowl - both kickers broke significant records.

-Only team not to allow a return of any kind for a score.

-Best starting field position in NFL.

-Gave other team worse starting field position.

-Decent returner.

Hurr durr

teams that succeed build the offense around the talent they have.

i don't want to copy what other teams are doing. i want us to create something that others want to copy.

fortunately we have here a creative mind developing and running the offense that doesn't seem to get caught up in trends.

i expect we will have a very balanced offense that is the most creative in the league that centers around cam but makes full use of all the weapons at our disposal. none of this one dimensional crap. i don't want to swing from a run centered to pass centered. i don't want to be put in any box.

we have the best RB corps in the league. we have one of the best QBs in the league. we have a very solid up and coming receiving corps. use all of it and force defenses to decide which they want to try and defend. there's no way they are going to be able to stack the box and not get burned by the passing game. there's no way they are going to be able to run a cover D and not have us cram the ball down their throats. defenses have to pick their poison. one way or another it's going to kill them.

I think we got our point across last year against AZ, that teams can't stack the box on us.

The problem we had was against teams like the Jag's, Vikings, and Titians. Teams who ran that cover D, and because of our lack of a fullback, we couldn't take advantage of it, and run the ball down their throats, but with the addition of Tolbert, I expect that will change.

Archived