• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

TD is back, but should we let him play in the preseason?

L-TownCat

If he's been cleared, you play him.

I wouldn't say that for some of our other "stars". TD's case is unique. He is not being counted on as an inked in starter, there's obvious questions about whether or not he can stay on the field, so we might as well get him started now and hope for the best.

The point that he is a unique case is what I was focussing on. We have worked so hard with TD to give him the best chance. I'm just not so sure I would put him on that field with guys "trying to make the team". All it takes is one of these over zealous undrafted rookies to go at his knee and that's all she wrote.

The point that he is a unique case is what I was focussing on. We have worked so hard with TD to give him the best chance. I'm just not so sure I would put him on that field with guys "trying to make the team". All it takes is one of these over zealous undrafted rookies to go at his knee and that's all she wrote.

No one knows that better than Rivera and Thomas. If he's ready to jump in the deep end, we have to let him. It's not comparable to Smitty's or Beason's situation where it's a matter of protecting a known starter.

All of us are hoping beyond hope that TD can play this year and play effectively, but it is very possible he can't. All parties concerned need to know sooner rather than later if he's a go.

Archived