• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What is the Most important match up for Thursday night

Brokenbad

Our Cbs vs their Wrs. Of course this match will be dictated by line play...but all things being equal, this is the matchup that will determine the outcome. We needed huge defensive plays from our d backs last week ( Godfrey and Gamble came through). Bradshaw is out and now Nicks, but they have Cruz and that new TE that will eat us alive down the sideline if we let them. If we can limit their avg yards per reception like we did against the Saints ( we held them to around 7 TDs per which is outstanding vs Bree's) we will be in a good position. If they complete numerous passes of 20+ and 30+ yards ( we held NO TO 2 such plays) we are going to struggle to outs ore them. Pressure on Manning is a must...but the coverage has to be tight when the pressure doesn't get there.

Needless to say we are gonna have to put up approx. 30 points to be assured of a win.

our oline vs their dline

our dline vs. their oline

this is a battle that will be likely won in the trenches.

Technically, that is two battles. Now, if you had just said, the line play. Or something snazzy like, the battle of the bulges. Now that would only be one battle, and would have fit the criteria.

That said. You are correct sir. To a point. I say that because I believe we win this battle. We have better numbers at this time. Although, Williams does kinda give me pause. I just think our O-line can continue their good play. Which means our D-line can win this game.

Pressure and pummel Eli. He will flinch. Especially late. You have to keep him antsy if you want to whip him. With their O-line, I see us winning this battle.

Short story long. Our D-line can win us this game by pressuring Eli. Which would have a domino effect. Making the whole D better.

Archived