• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

People happy about us facing a depleted Giants team.

SmootsDaddy89

Let's say we won the super bowl last year with Cam. If pickles had to play a game this season, and we lost, the fans of the opposing team are most certainly not going to be celebrating that victory.

Also, considering pickles wasn't starting due to injury in 2010, I don't think your scenario really applies anyway.

Yes they would...because it would get them closer to a wildcard spot if needed......You know the playoffs, wins get you there not "street cred" "respect" "cool points" none of that poo. Wins>Everything

Literally read nothing past the OP, but it is simple really: wins = respect. At the end of the season, nobody looks at the Super Bowl champs (or any playoff team, for that matter) and says, "well, wait a second, who did they beat throughout the season? A team with 3 or 4 key injuries? Oh, well fug them. They don't get respect simply for that."

We win, we get respect. It doesn't matter against who or under what circumstances. As long as the win is a clean win against any of the other 31 NFL teams, it contributes to the overall record. And overall record is what gains respect.

Injuries are apart of the fuging game. We don't even know if our starting RT will play, you think that's FAIR to us vs Giants pass-rush? Get the fug outta here, teams had plenty of gimme wins in 2010 vs us and clinched a playoff spot in the process.

Jeeze how FAIR was it that people played us without Jon Beason, Ron Edwards and Thomas Davis last year? You actually think they gave a flying-fug?

Jesus Christ I never said the win is meaningless.

Look, let me point this out. We ended up with the 25th hardest strength of schedule in 2008. As a result of being decent, but not playing any goddamnbody we got shitcanned by the Cardinals. At home. After a bye week.

So you can root for our competition to be watered down and non-threatening if you have no testicles, but I'd prefer to play teams that have all their players healthy as often as humanly possibly. Especially if we're playing the Super Bowl champs. The Giants are still a very good team even with the injuries, but if we beat them when they're fully healthy, ESPECIALLY if we REALLY beat them, that tells us a lot about our team. A victory tomorrow still tells us a lot, but if we face the giants again in the post season, we may not have the luxury of facing them when they're hurting.

No one victory tells you "a lot" about a team. Just look at how good Dallas played after making the Giants look pedestrian in the season opener. Injuries have never stopped the Giants from winning a game before, and they're the defending superbowl champions.

I'm not a stickler for the whole "gotta beat a team at 100%" thing either. Last year with a depleted depth chart we lost plenty of games to teams we might've been able to beat if we were healthier. It's just the way the league works. Most teams don't overcome multiple injuries and we've gotten the short end of that stick overall in recent years.

Archived