• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why is Jordan Gross our highest paid player?

King Taharqa

Jordan Gross is our "leader", but fans like James dont expect him to lead, just show up. And imply you're a racist if you question his salary. Trust, if we throw big money at Cam he will be expected to live up to it. I just dont agree with a washed up LT being our highest paid player. We have other guys on our squad who perform better and have done more.

Just wait a year and we will have another mediocre player as our highest paid player. That should make you feel better.

Because Cam is still on his rookie contract. Cam will be the highest paid player on the roster in a couple of years. If he gets what he's worth, he'll be the highest paid in the league. Pay That Man!

Not even looking at last night, if we make Cam the highest player in the league we are the worst FO in the NFL. He doesn't deserve more than Rodgers, Brees, and Brady. He'll be the highest on the team though that's for sure.

Offensive lineman don't get much attention when they play poorly or well. It's not a glamor position. He signed his contract in 2009 after an exceptional season. Gross's style isn't designed for the college game. Add a real football coach and maybe we'll get more out of our offensive line and running backs.

LT's get paid a lot, Cam will soon be our highest paid player, I'm betting seconds after he can sign a new deal, he signs the most lucrative Panther contract ever

BTW I love Smitty, but leading isn't just about getting up and screaming after every play. Some leaders are quiet and reserved, and only get emotional when they really have to....but you know, it's those times that you never forget.

LT's get paid a lot, Cam will soon be our highest paid player, I'm betting seconds after he can sign a new deal, he signs the most lucrative Panther contract ever

BTW I love Smitty, but leading isn't just about getting up and screaming after every play. Some leaders are quiet and reserved, and only get emotional when they really have to....but you know, it's those times that you never forget.

While very true about Cam's contract, to be highest Panther ever, not so sure he will be paid like the best until he can perform like the best.

He has got to start winning games, or that will be the albatross around his neck when contract time comes....in a couple of years.

Two things will happen between now and then, either we get rid of Hurney, we get a good GM and we start winning consistently and Cam signs a huge deal. Or we keep Hurney, keep on with our roller coaster of a franchise and Cam still signs a huge deal, because he is a "hurney guy".

Either way Cam becomes highest paid Panther ever most likely. Unless he completely craps the bed from here on out.

He has been the past few years correct?

Why is someone who isnt the "leader" of our team, meaning when we lose blame immediately goes to him, the highest paid player on our squad?

Why is it not Steve Smith?

Any answers would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Lt's are higher valued than receivers, not to mention he is a 2 time pro bowler and a one time all pro.

Besides we know if he was black you would not have started this thread.

To be fair other people brought up color not KT. As much as I would want to say Hurney made a bad deal, that is the going rate for a great LT. Whether or not you think he is a great LT, is a different matter. I haven't seen anything that would tell me that he isn't a great LT anymore. CJ is another one I would like to hold against Hurney but if Johnson's agent said take it or we are leaving, I would have gone back and forth on that decision, but I think I would have to regrettably made the same decision.

Archived