• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How many cups of Sugar go into a perfect gallon of Sweet Tea?

Jase

I honestly don't see how/why people drink unsweet tea. It is nasty.

I'm from the north. 3 - 5 years ago hardly any restaurant around here had sweet tea. I'm just the opposite. Drink sweet tea up here or visiting my brother or sister in SC trying southern style sweet tea has the same effect. Feel like I just put nothing but sugar in my mouth. Way too sweet. So nasty.

that's b/c you're using in the raw...that poo is gross

i love this stuff...tried another brand and I ended up taking it back. I use it in coffee...tea...my husbands kool aid...yes he drinks kool aid...I cook with it...it's fantastic

98302147-260x260-0-0_Kal+Kal+Pure+Stevia+Extract+Powder+3+5+Oz+Kal.jpg

I couldn't find pure Stevia last time I went to the grocery store so I'll have to widen my search a little more.

All the big name brands just fluff it with stuff like dextrose to make it even out in ratio to sugar because Stevia it sweeter in smaller amounts. That leads to the bitter after taste and higher price. What ratio do you use for stevia to a cup of sugar?

And yeah, I don't understand the unsweet tea drinking when it's the low grade tea bags. If you are using a premium loose leaf or bag, I'm in. Both my girlfreind and my ex ordered unsweet and then added sweet and low at the table...never understood that.

I couldn't find pure Stevia last time I went to the grocery store so I'll have to widen my search a little more.

All the big name brands just fluff it with stuff like dextrose to make it even out in ratio to sugar because Stevia it sweeter in smaller amounts. That leads to the bitter after taste and higher price. What ratio do you use for stevia to a cup of sugar?

And yeah, I don't understand the unsweet tea drinking when it's the low grade tea bags. If you are using a premium loose leaf or bag, I'm in. Both my girlfreind and my ex ordered unsweet and then added sweet and low at the table...never understood that.

you in charlotte?? I get mine at Healthy Home market on S. Blvd...I bought the big one $30..yes it seems expensive..but I've had it since March and it'll prob last me til the end of the year..and I use it ALL the time...I highly recommend it

no clue about conversions...I've looked it up before...I make my husbands kool aid with it (yes he drinks kook aid :) ) and we just taste as we go

you in charlotte?? I get mine at Healthy Home market on S. Blvd...I bought the big one $30..yes it seems expensive..but I've had it since March and it'll prob last me til the end of the year..and I use it ALL the time...I highly recommend it

no clue about conversions...I've looked it up before...I make my husbands kool aid with it (yes he drinks kook aid :) ) and we just taste as we go

No, but I've been interviewing there so I'm hopeful something will happen. If I'm in the area I'll stop buy and look or try some more specialty places around here.

I doubt most of us would turn down kool aid, we just don't want to admit it.