• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Has Rivera lost the team?

Who Said What?

Rivera sounds like a "yes man" to me in how he has described his role for the balance of the season.

.....................I see absolutely no confidence in his voice and/or vocabulary during any interview with the media..........he will often repeat or studder like in a ship without a rudder just trashing through the water.

Mark my words........we end up at best 3-13............

He was turned down for a head coaching job prior to the Panthers 9 times by other NFL teams.............

If this guy is savvy and sharp..... then he is putting on the best acting job I've ever seen from a coach..........

Mark my words again.......this will be his last job as a head coach in the NFL....................

Outside of the flukey NYG matchup ( see Tenn last year)....We have lost our other games by an average of about 4 pts a game.

We have lost close games to some pretty decent teams. Eventually we will see things even out like last year. Unless the team quits, 5-7 wins should be realistic.

JR fired the wrong guy at the wrong time.

Rivera and Chud should have been fired first, then the GM let go within a day or so.

A GM does most of his heavy lifting during the off season, free agency and draft time. The middle of the season is their down-time. If someone can explain to me how canning the GM gives this team any better shot at winning this week or next, I'd be happy to listen.

he fired the right guy at the wrong time.

he should have parted company with hurney when he parted ways with fox.

If he has lost the team, then you will see it on Sunday.... could be an ugly blowout

I think guys like Steve Smith could be lost....

I don't see Cam or Luke being lost. Too young and want it too bad. So as long as the REAL core is fully committed I think we stay competitive.

So losing close and 5 wins are the goals now?

Outside of the flukey NYG matchup ( see Tenn last year)....We have lost our other games by an average of about 4 pts a game.

We have lost close games to some pretty decent teams. Eventually we will see things even out like last year. Unless the team quits, 5-7 wins should be realistic.

When a coach says something like this:

"Now the pressure's on," Rivera said. "Now there's consequences. So we have to find out if this group is going to do it under me when there's consequences."

He SHOULD lose the team & his job. "Now" there are consequences? Does he know that every game has consequences?! THis is seriously scary to hear from our team's coach.

Wrong.

If there's any truth to the stuff flying around about JR not wanting Rivera and that was the reason for canning Hurney, then the team has all but cleaned out their lockers looking forward to the off-season. There's no way the team can continue to go out and play hard for a coach that does not have the support of the owner...

Archived