• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Well, this season is a wrap.

Dash Global

I knew we were in trouble when we lost the opener to the Bucs. I had false hope when we followed that up with a win over the Saints. I had resigned myself to us sucking after the beatdown the Giants put on us in Week 3, then the close loss that we simply blew against the Falcons gave me false hope once again. But, after losing to Seattle going into the bye week, reality set in. We suck.

I've had enough of "innovative." Run the damn ball. Just not on 3rd and long.

This is soo stupid on many levels.

Just run the ball really?

If a team knows your gonna run the ball they will stuff that out.

Key is to run when the other team is expecting or defending against the pass and to pass when the defense is thinking / defending against the run.

SMH

Key is to run when the other team is expecting or defending against the pass and to pass when the defense is thinking / defending against the run.

SMH

Yeah, you're right. Giving our billion dollar backfield 10 carries was a great strategy.

SMH

Ya, its called manning up and playing some damn football. Actually pushing and blocking better than your opponent. How many BASE formations did you see out there?? I would have liked to see a series with just a ace formation as a base subbing in/out one TE or a WR to make it a 3 WR set or 2 TE set. Under center was just thrown out the window.

Its like once we are behind its all shotgun draws and failed passes. Looks gimmicky. Power run was non existent. You can go on and on, but my point is that at some point you have to over power your opponent the old fashioned way, and aside from some defensive plays, there was nothing to be excited about.

Pass when they are overloading the box and expecting a run.

Run when the box is soft and they are expecting a pass.

Oh my goodness, someone give you an OC job...You are the very first person to ever think of that.

Defenses have this little trick called "disguising" they like to do, and we apparently can't decipher them. Cam is a statue in the pocket when he clearly has one side or the other to roll out to to give himself space, but he just zeros in on a receiver and becomes blind to his immediate area.

My problem with this season is we are not giving Cam the proper supporting cast [players and coaches] to help him grow into an NFL quarterback. I hope we dont stunt his growth forever.

Oh my goodness, someone give you an OC job...You are the very first person to ever think of that.

Defenses have this little trick called "disguising" they like to do, and we apparently can't decipher them. Cam is a statue in the pocket when he clearly has one side or the other to roll out to to give himself space, but he just zeros in on a receiver and becomes blind to his immediate area.

My problem with this season is we are not giving Cam the proper supporting cast [players and coaches] to help him grow into an NFL quarterback. I hope we dont stunt his growth forever.

The concept is simple yet I see week after week of people ignoring this simple yet effective philosophy.

Sure defensive's disguise there looks but you can still see base personnel. ie 4-3, 3-4, Nickle, Dime, ect and can also see how many people are in the box.

One of the problems is we are getting to the line to late and not having alot of time to analize the D and make needed adjustments. We need to let the clock drop pretty far to where the D has to commit to one of the other.

I agree about Cams pocket presence. It is very bad. Although to his credit seems like the pocket is crashing alot in the middle and he doesnt have much of a pocket to step into most of the time.

Either way he has to get the ball out quicker.

The concept is simple yet I see week after week of people ignoring this simple yet effective philosophy.

Sure defensive's disguise there looks but you can still see base personnel. ie 4-3, 3-4, Nickle, Dime, ect and can also see how many people are in the box.

Yea, but thats the easy part. Its easy to tell their personnel, and even whether or not its man or zone by motioning [which we rarely do]. The problem lies with blitz pick up and Cams ability to escape the pressure. What else i dont get is they sent alot of pressure down the middle, yet all of our screen plays are to the outside. We could have gotten plenty of yards off of our RB's releasing into the middle of the field and sitting where the hole is, rather than out towards the flats.

Well, they can disguise zone even when motioning a man. Its a bit more complicated than that.

While our line play has been poor. I think the bigger problem is the offensive coaching & philosophy.

We need a lot more short timing routes. When the defense adjust to that, then we can try to hit them deep. Cam is holding onto the ball way to long.

If everything is covered on a 3 step drop and Cam feels the slightest pressure he needs to tuck it and get some positive yardage.

I agree about Cams pocket presence. It is very bad. Although to his credit seems like the pocket is crashing alot in the middle and he doesnt have much of a pocket to step into most of the time.

Either way he has to get the ball out quicker.

Its hard to have "pocket presence" When you have an all pro Gate playing right tackle! Von Miller didn't even have to put any type of move on anybody because none of the clowns that lined up at right tackle had any idea how to block him!

My suggestion is for the Panthers to use the number one pick on the best offensice tackle in the draft with the idea of putting him at LT and moving Gross to RT.

Archived