• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Offensive, offensive philosophy

Who Said What?

So "opening up the playbook" means taking away a good amount of the control he had last year at the LOS? Right.

i don't know how people are coming to that conclusion.

like how can you look at cam running a pro style spread allegedly with the ability to audible for a good bit of last season and then look at what we're doing now with chudzinksi having wasted several weeks with the read option before sort of coming to his senses and say "well i guess cam is just dumb and couldn't handle it when the playbook was opened".

i don't know how people are coming to that conclusion.

like how can you look at cam running a pro style spread allegedly with the ability to audible for a good bit of last season and then look at what we're doing now with chudzinksi having wasted several weeks with the read option before sort of coming to his senses and say "well i guess cam is just dumb and couldn't handle it when the playbook was opened".

Yeah, I don't know what that Captain Obvious dude was talking about. I clearly stated in the first post that he has put the clamps on Cam and said that he is not doing all of the audibles like other teams right now. I really cannot stand having to explain to new people every week that Cam is experiencing this "slump" because of the change in our philosophy.

Rivera said the team has double calls in the huddle, but few changes of the play call at the line.

I would really like for one of our beat guys to ask for a clarification of this part. So RR is saying they are calling in 2 plays on the headset, but then not letting Cam change it once he sees the defense? Or he is saying they are giving Cam a choice of calling 1 of 2 plays in the huddle? Either way, this just doesn't make any sense.

Or maybe, Ron just doesn't know and he made this up on the fly.

Wow, I wonder if ESPN will begin mentioning this bit of info? I guess we don't have to worry about losing Chud to a HC gig in the off season.

"Instead of lining up with a powerfully built offensive line and hitting defenses in the mouth the way GM Marty Hurney built the team and owner Jerry Richardson prefers his brand of football, the Panthers have gone to a finesse style, in which the line is often set in a two-point stance when running the ball. Newton, who is taking more hits than ever, is being asked to run a college running attack coupled with a pro passing game that no NFL quarterback is capable of mastering, even if their last name is Manning."

So when I bring this argument up, the very first thing the Cam Haters/ Non Panther fans say is....

"Well have you ever thought of why they won't let him audible?"

They can imply that Cam doesn't have the mental fortitude to change the play after reading the defense. But I like to point out that not only is he the guy that does the most film watching, last year after just getting the playbook and that's it, Winke said they would go over a big chunk of the playbook and come back after lunch and Cam would spew it out perfectly.

I think this kid is not only very Coachable BUT picks things up very quickly...... /sigh

Yeah, I don't know what that Captain Obvious dude was talking about. I clearly stated in the first post that he has put the clamps on Cam and said that he is not doing all of the audibles like other teams right now. I really cannot stand having to explain to new people every week that Cam is experiencing this "slump" because of the change in our philosophy.

I guess that smiley didn't convey the sarcasm I wanted, I mean it winked at you what else do you want. Maybe a few of you are a little high strung. I'll keep that in mind next time. It is evident that our beloved OC has put the handcuffs on our offense, just don't know why we need 2 million posts a week that say the same thing. But please explain away.. i find it to be quite humorous to read while I take a dump.

I guess that smiley didn't convey the sarcasm I wanted, I mean it winked at you what else do you want. Maybe a few of you are a little high strung. I'll keep that in mind next time. It is evident that our beloved OC has put the handcuffs on our offense, just don't know why we need 2 million posts a week that say the same thing. But please explain away.. i find it to be quite humorous to read while I take a dump.

My bad maine. The text was small on my screen and its hard to decipher the message. I will do some yoga, but everybody is high strung with the nonsense we see every Sunday. It is terrible and we are gonna have to suffer like the lame-duck last John Fox year.

So when I bring this argument up, the very first thing the Cam Haters/ Non Panther fans say is....

"Well have you ever thought of why they won't let him audible?"

They can imply that Cam doesn't have the mental fortitude to change the play after reading the defense. But I like to point out that not only is he the guy that does the most film watching, last year after just getting the playbook and that's it, Winke said they would go over a big chunk of the playbook and come back after lunch and Cam would spew it out perfectly.

I think this kid is not only very Coachable BUT picks things up very quickly...... /sigh

Yeah, and the thing that pisses me off is the head coach and OC are giving people the ammo they need to try and break this kid down. Last year the national media had the gun and this year they have the clip to hate. This is que ridiquio. The countdown has started.

Archived