• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anyone here concerned with Cam's future (next year)?

Here is the smart thing to do. No you dont trade him because there isnt a QB worth taking in the1st round. Bit what you do is draft a QB in the 3rd round or so, that way if Cam struggles we can see what else we have

This would be a concern too.

Last thing we need is another QB staring over Cam's shoulder or talk of "competition". That is death for a QB a lot of times. Not what fans want to hear but it is true. The old saying goes "when you have two QB's, you actually have zero". It's mostly true. Anderson or Clausen is perfect in the back up role as long as Cam is durable. 3rd rounder needs to be for other areas. Get Cam a weapon with a pick like that.

Hell no. Cam is not going anywhere and in no right mind coach or GM will try to get rid of him. Cam will be the reason to which we could land a highly named GM and HC.

I saw Florio post like two weeks ago. He was saying something in the sort of dont rule out Cam being traded or whatever bc we a seen it before. His examaple: Denver Broncos and how McDaniel came in and traded away his best two players Cutler and Marshall.

Thats a very poor and stupid comparison. Why? Look what happened to McDaniel. Fired in what 2 seasons? Cutler and Marshall are having fun while the HC who threw them out is lucky enough to be back with his former team. McDaniel would probably still be coaching he hadn't traded away Cutler and Marshall.

Any smart HC and GM wouldn't want to repeat that idiotic move again. Florio is a retard.

To the contrary, every GM and Head Coach prospect will be drooling over the possibility of having Cam as the franchise QB .

Exactly. You think Jeff Fisher decided to go with St. Louis over Miami because the Rams had won a Super Bowl more recently? The Rams had a QB, the Fins at that time didn't.

I guarantee you that after Rivera's firing a lot of coaches are going to be throwing their hats in the ring for a chance to ride Cam's coattails.

Here is the smart thing to do. No you dont trade him because there isnt a QB worth taking in the1st round. Bit what you do is draft a QB in the 3rd round or so, that way if Cam struggles we can see what else we have

First we dont have a 3rd.

And why do you want us to be the Eagles (Vick and Nick Foles) in 2013.

Drafting a QB in the 3rd? Is only going to make the media jobs easier asking to bench Cam

To the contrary, every GM and Head Coach prospect will be drooling over the possibility of having Cam as the franchise QB .

Exactly! People who thinks that we may not be able to land a top tier GM or HC should not be worry.

We may end up with a better GM and or HC we didn't think we could land. Cam will be the main reason why.

There were an awful lot of people in the NFL that were not sold on Cam coming out of the draft. He put up stats last year, but has struggled in crunch time and has a terrible record.

I don't think he is traded at all. But, with a new GM and HC likely coming to Charlotte....nothing is a given.

I for one want to see Cam have a season or two under a different staff to decide. I don't think Cam has really helped himself this year. But, this staff and their current offensive scheme have really been a detriment to his development.

There were an awful lot of people in the NFL that were not sold on Cam coming out of the draft. He put up stats last year, but has struggled in crunch time and has a terrible record.

I don't think he is traded at all. But, with a new GM and HC likely coming to Charlotte....nothing is a given.

I for one want to see Cam have a season or two under a different staff to decide. I don't think Cam has really helped himself this year. But, this staff and their current offensive scheme have really been a detriment to his development.

Didn't you say in the game thread yesterday that you had talked to a coach on our staff who said Cam cannot run a pro style offense?

If this is true, if that is the feeling; there might be problems going forward.

Exactly! People who thinks that we may not be able to land a top tier GM or HC should not be worry.

We may end up with a better GM and or HC we didn't think we could land. Cam will be the main reason why.

i said somewhere else something similar to this. i also think the fact that we've got someone like accorsi working with us that it gives us more respectability than we would otherwise have.

there are several things in place that would make this a solid location for a good GM and HC.

Archived