• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What's the reason Cam is not a captain on this team?

Hotsauce

What has gross down to be worthy of a captain he doesn't demand anything from his teammates and fellow offensive line except for the usual there is always next week.

What about Steve smith? With all of the issues he's had you can make the case that he's the opposite of what a leader should be.

And Charles Johnson?? Pleeeeeeease anybody that follows cj on twitter knows he is no damn leader calling your teammates out on twitter is fuging immature and childish.

Cam isn't a captain on this team because of the losing mentality widely accepted on this team. The same mentality Cam spoke about when he first got here. This will only change when we get a head coach that makes players accountable not condoning their fuging twitter rants.

such an important thing when we are 2-8 and dont have a prayer for the playoffs

got to be a joke

Gross

Smitty and CJ s fault ( Beason till he got hurt) that Cam isnt a captain -

this forum mostly made up of retards posing as normal folk

'OMG- the stupidity rate has no bounds

You folks mind breaking out the <sarcasm> tags for the one guy here that just doesn't seem to get it?

Cam gets nitpicked even on weeks he played well. While the D on a week they wet the bed in OT no one wants to discuss.

Cam led offense averaging 13 pts a game....near the bottom if the NFL.

Defense holding teams to 18 pts a game...top 10 in the NFL.

And you still think the defense us the problem...just amazing.

Last Sunday, the defense managed 3 takeaways and a pick 6. The offense did little with that effort. The offense is keeping other teams in the game...plain and simple.

This year's offense is averaging similar pts to the Clausen led dibacle.

Pretty easy thread to show how much of our fanbase is bandwagon Cam fanboys.

Meh whatever, Cam isn't a captain because he doesn't have the dicipline of Gross and Smitty who have been doing this for ages. He still throws tantrums and ignores players on the sidelines. He is up and about when the going is good but shows his emotions a bit too much. You can't have a captain acting like a child on the sidelines, and isn't preforming on the field lately.

I love Cam, HUGE fan, but I know he isn't perfect. I do know he is the future beause his cieling is sky high and he can be a great QB is he keeps trying. He still has to learn how to read a defense and play the game. Our coaching seems to hurt his play and foster his immaturity. But maturity is an issue, as expected he is very young, I never expected Cam to light it up his second year. Those are the things I see wrong. I see captains as vets who are known to work hard and preform for years.

simple.

he wasn't voted captain.

There really isn't any more to it than that, honestly.

They don't believe he's a leader. And frankly, they're in a far better position to judge that than any of us.

Gross, Smith and Beason have been leaders because their past accomplishments and their example (work ethic, etc) have made people believe in them. That's why Delhomme was continually voted a team captain even in his waning years. Also why I won't be surprised if Luke Kuechly gets that role next season.

Newton just hasn't done enough or acted in a way that makes his teammates think of him like that. And that's pretty much all there is to it. And as an aside, since these choices are made by the players, any suggestion of a racial element here would be so utterly ridiculous as to warrant a person's user title being permanently changed to "village idiot".

Bottom Line: They don't believe in his leadership enough to make him a captain. Argue that all you want, but they're the ones who work with him everyday, not us. He can try to assert himself, but he won't succeed until he has something to hang his hat on (setting rookie records doesn't cut it) like Delhomme did with Jacksonville and the other comebacks he led. Newton has no such defining moment, and until he does, attempts to act like a leader will likely fail.

It's like E V Hill once said. A leader who's out leading when there's nobody following is just taking a walk.

Archived