• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Swaggasaurus Pre-combine mock

Swaggasaurus

I am only doing two of these things, because making 5 mock drafts per week does not involve a lot of thought and become annoying when you start seeing. JoeBlow Mock 18.0.

Anyway here this poo goes

We should be picking around the 10-15 range. It would be nice to get a franchise LT, but we are picking too late for that with the A&M boys off the board.

1. Chance Warmack-OG-Bama- 6'2'' 320.

Beast of an OG, possibly BPA when we pick. He is a better run blocker than pass blocker, but is no slouch in that department either. He plays LG at Bama, which as some of you may know requires more pulling than the RG spot. I see him as a RG in the league due to sometimes looking sluggish in space when he is pulling, besides moving Amini to a new position would probably end up bad.

hi-res-hi-res-151589073_display_image.jpg?1351080096

2. Kawann Short-DT-Purdue- 6'3'' 315.

I have this guy much higher on my board than the "experts." Short has a nice combination of size to hold the point and quickness to rush the passer. Some negative tape can be found on him later in games, because like all D lineman when he gets tired his technique suffers. I think this guy could play the 3 or the 0 due to his unique skill set. Most scouts see him as a 3 tech, but he does line up as a 0 or NT directly over the ball on most snaps.

Some stats: 2012-14.5 TFL, 6 sacks. 2011-17.5 TFL, 6.5 sacks. 2010-12.5 TFL, 4.5 sacks.

hi-res-5836686_display_image.jpg?1345665148

4. Marquess Wilson-WR-Washington State-6'3'' 175.

Had homeboy not quit 9 games into the season he would have had 3 consecutive 1,000 yard seasons. Major production during his time at Washington State, most scouts knock his speed and occasional dropsies. Wilson has superior leaping ability and routinely makes the circus catch. I personally think that he runs in the 4.5 range and his stock will rise from it's current 6th round status.

2019300923.jpg

5. Ray Ray Armstong-SS-Somewhere in the Abyss by way of The U- 6'4'' 225.

This guy has been forgotten by most and he probably should be. Like the Honey Badger, Armstrong was out of football for 2012, but was once considered a second day draft pick. I believe that he is worth a 5th round flier. Can be a bit of a liability in coverage, but the NFL doesn't allow SS to do anything other that play the run now anyway. I know we aren't usually ones for taking chances on guys with character issues, but he just took gifts, non issue, fug the NCAA.

107834422_crop_340x234.jpg?1305899758

6. Montori Hughes- Tenn-Martin- 6'4'' 330.

fug it, it's the 6th round, he is huge and moderately talented.

90791316_display_image.jpg?1283720658

You are free to attack my intelligence

I don't want a Guard that high- don't really care about talent level. I just don't feel that it holds that much value.

Wilson in the 4th- I don't know a thing about him. In what way did he quit?

Armstrong- the comment about SS's not covering was as off the mark as possible. Yes, they're the "in the box" safety but they do quite a bit in the coverage game, especially in a very pass happy NFL.

I don't want a Guard that high- don't really care about talent level. I just don't feel that it holds that much value.

Wilson in the 4th- I don't know a thing about him. In what way did he quit?

Armstrong- the comment about SS's not covering was as off the mark as possible. Yes, they're the "in the box" safety but they do quite a bit in the coverage game, especially in a very pass happy NFL.

Wilson quit the team and claimed "abuse" from Mike Leach and staff during the season. My point with Ray Ray was that his coverage ability was not the best, but today in the NFL if you have tight coverage as a SS and make a PBU you get flagged for 15 anyway. I know that coverage is important I am not retarded. He has good coverage skills, it is just a knock that people give him. Probably only a 4.55-4.6 guy.

I also thought the thread title was funny considering we're not even to the postseason yet.

Oh yeah, I guess that is kind of a weird title. My premise for that is that I will be doing 2 mocks as I stated in the OP, this one and one directly after the combine. The second will be title post combine, I guess you are used to seeing ________ mock 8.0 since it is December after all.

Not a bad mock, but Im not a big fan of drafting an OLINE in the 1st at all. We'd be in a better situation if we wait till the 4th rd or through FA to solve this Oline issue. Rookie Oline tends to struggle as of late. I rather we pick up a veteran presence to block for Cam than having another rookie go through the process of plug and play and have them struggle like Amini.

Im okay with Short but Im not a huge fan of him. I also dno much about Wilson. I would rather go with a better WR in the 2nd or 1st and go with a OG in the 4th to groom with.

Oh yeah, I guess that is kind of a weird title. My premise for that is that I will be doing 2 mocks as I stated in the OP, this one and one directly after the combine. The second will be title post combine, I guess you are used to seeing ________ mock 8.0 since it is December after all.

Why you hatin on poster like me? It doesnt matter how many mocks we make. We could have eight great thorough mocks compared to your two bad mocks. I hate it when OP try bashing others.

Why you hatin on poster like me? It doesnt matter how many mocks we make. We could have a great thorough mocks compared to your two bad mocks. I hate it when OP try bashing others.

Hahahaha, it just annoys me. Not saying you, but some of the posters on here post a new one every week. No time goes into that, you don't really have time to think and they are cheap. You make one and then you are like, yo I'm over that- homeboy says this guy is good so I need to make a mock with him in it. Most of them are exact copies of eachother anyway and include Warmack or Richardson, some form of current or ex Tennessee wideout in the second and DJ Swearinger.

hah, not trying to pick on you chuck, other than Richardson we seem to agree on most things draft related, just thought these back to back posts were funny :)

OH the second "two bad mocks" I didnt mean to say his mock was bad. I meant as that it could very well be bad comparing to someone's 8mocks. It was just an example

Archived