• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

John Kilgo thinks Carolina Huddle posters are idiots

SCP

Who is John Kilgo?

I posted an answer in some detail on a thread elsewhere. First, Kilgo is a, if not the, living patriarch of Charlotte media who is still actively working. Secondly, he probably knows more about sports, and more sports people, than any dozen Huddlers put together, with a possible anonymous exception or two. Finally, if he did say that, he isn't far from being right, even if not 100% correct.

He's earned the right to voice an educated, if somewhat curmudgeony, opinion.

PS - No, I am not Kilgo, but I did work with him in his prime years, as did quite a few long time Charlotte media types, more than a few of whom got their start thanks to John.

PPS - He does talk basketball primarily because that's his thing. For example, he wrote Dean Smith's biography. He called the UNCC games back in the late 70's when they went to the NIT and Final Four.

I posted an answer in some detail on a thread elsewhere. First, Kilgo is a, if not the, living patriarch of Charlotte media who is still actively working. Secondly, he knows more about sports, and more sports people, than any dozen Huddlers put together, with a possible anonymous exception or two. Finally, if he did say that, he isn't far from being right, even if not 100% correct.

PS - No, I am not Kilgo, but I did work with him in his prime years, as did quite a few long time Charlotte media types, more than a few of whom got their start thanks to John.

Agree.

And Jimmy's dance show was a hit too.

pretty shocking that the internet, the most easily-accessible information stream and medium for dialogue in the history of the world, would have its share of nincompoops when discussing football in the south

it seems this john kilgo is extraordinarily perceptive

Is Kilgo still on the air? I would have figured that they got rid of his lazy @$$ when Packer went away!

WFNZ is like the Charlotte Observer. Neither has had an original thought in at least 5 years. When's the last time that WFNZ actually broke a story on sports? Al the Observer does is cut and paste from the AP. It's sad when the Gaston Gazzette and the Rock Hilll Herald cover Charlotte sports better than the Observer does. (Both actually have beat writers for NASCAR, Panthers and Bobcats!)

All WFNZ can do is read posts on here and listen to national sports writers for their stories. It's all just Duke sux, no Carolina sux, no Duke sux, no Carolina sux. What about the Wolfpack and Wake. WHO??

I don't even think the WFNZ or the Observer even send anyone to the post game press conference. Part of a Sports Radio Station should be about news, just not letting callers spout off!

Charlotte49er Formerly Sports Talk!

Archived