• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Darin Gantt brings up the idea of Ken Whisenhunt to the Panthers

Ruff

How is Whis not a upgrade? He has tons of HC experience and went to the SB recently

I wouldn't call 5 years ago recently. Plus he got to the SB on Warner back. Warner didn't need coaching. Warner already been to the SB before been a Cards. QB. Warner had been a good QB before joining the Cards. So Whisenhunt hasn't proved he can groom a good team. Warner is the only reason for the Cards going to the SB. Period.

I'm all for getting rid of Ron as long as we hire a clear upgrade. Wisenhunt and Lovie don't fit that bill.

I definately agree with getting rid of Rivera ONLY as long as the replacement is a clear upgrade. This is one reason why I prefer him over a cooridinator or college coach.

My biggest fear no matter what though is another horrible start to next season and we are back to having questions at HC, regardless who has the job next year.

don't shoot the messenger, I think Ken could be an upgrade too, his biggest problem is that he's not had a QB, and we have one.

also fwiw Darin Gantt while I do not always agree with him is still the best Panthers Beat writer we've ever had.

Couldn't agree with this more.

Especially the part about Gantt. He may sometimes be sarcastic, he might sometimes be a jerk, but he is infinitely more awesome than that tool Joe Person, and he he was also responsible for getting us more national attention on PFT, like it or not.

And back to Whis, you're right. His one problem is that he couldn't get the right QB. But, dozens of coaches could say that. It's not like QBs grow on trees.

If Jerry doesn't fire Rivera, I doubt he's gonna force staff changes on him.

Head coaches just about always have final say on their staff.

True, but the new GM is also going to want his teams identity to look the way he wants it. If the new GM doesn't want coryell, then it's not going to be coryell.

Archived