• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Darin Gantt brings up the idea of Ken Whisenhunt to the Panthers

Ruff

Going WCO with Newton as QB would be a mistake.

His skill set doesn't fit that approach at all.

Absolutely agree, but it's not like the WCO and the coryell are the only two offenses in the NFL.

I, personally, would like to see Cam in an offense very similar to the Texans' offense. Zone, stretch runs, naked bootlegs by Cam, 20 yd passes to the TE over the middle, etc. Being able to get Cam into open space, while having targets in the short yardage, the middle zone, and deep, would be great.

Absolutely agree, but it's not like the WCO and the coryell are the only two offenses in the NFL.

I, personally, would like to see Cam in an offense very similar to the Texans' offense. Zone, stretch runs, naked bootlegs by Cam, 20 yd passes to the TE over the middle, etc. Being able to get Cam into open space, while having targets in the short yardage, the middle zone, and deep, would be great.

There are variations, but those are the most common systems.

But yeah, there are others. 49ers are running a modified version of the pistol from what I understand. The guy who created the pistol, Chris Ault, wants to coach in the NFL.

Wont surprise me if he gets an OC job somewhere (doubt it's with us though)

The Cards were playing good football this season, well the defense was carrying them and had decent QB play. Then Kolb went down and their QB play went to the sh*tter and everything went south.

I think he'd be good for Cam and I think he's an upgrade to Rivera. Won't be averse to it but there should be better options in the interim assuming Rivera is fired.

Here's something I've seen tossed around...

HC- Ken Whisenhunt

DC- Lovie Smith

Now this is something that I would love to see. Ken Whisenhunt has had absolutely no talent at QB since Kurt Warner left and he proved with him that he can go far with a proven QB. Sometimes you have to look further than a coaches 2012 record.

Here's something I've seen tossed around...

HC- Ken Whisenhunt

DC- Lovie Smith

Now this is something that I would love to see. Ken Whisenhunt has had absolutely no talent at QB since Kurt Warner left and he proved with him that he can go far with a proven QB. Sometimes you have to look further than a coaches 2012 record.

Shanahan wasn't that good minus John Elway too.

I'm still not sold on Whisenhunt as a head coach.

I think Norv really needs to come in. If Rivera is gone, I think Lovie Smith would be worth a look.

Flat out NO's:

Chip Kelly

Jon Gruden

Ken Whisenhunt

Romeo Crennel

But I can guarantee if we do end up with Mark Ross, Perry Fewell will probably be brought in as coach. If JR hoes out and uses the "yes" man Beane, Rivera will stay.

Doubt Rivera fires Chud if he stays.

Magnus mentioned Newton and Shula might nrt have the greatest relationship (no real confirmation, just stuff he's heard)

Norv as QB Coach would work.

No way in the world Norv would be a QB coach....many teams will want him as their OC. Better one than Chud. Can't hire a better mind to watch Chud go full retard every couple games.

Archived