• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Very important poll - please vote!

Zod

Should cold beer be delivered and served to the cheap seats all game long?  

158 members have voted

1. 1. Should cold beer be delivered and served to the cheap seats all game long?

• Yes of course
    • No, people get too rowdy and it frightens me
    • No, some may spill on my vagina

I say yes, even though I don't drink, because I get so sick and tired of getting up and down to let folks in and out to get their beer. I know they'll still get up and down to go to the bathroom, but maybe it will cut down on some of the trips. On second thought, more drinking, more bathroom breaks ... oh, well, ... my answer is still the same.

From a crowd control aspect, I think it's best. If you allow people to buy beer all the way up to the end, it will encorage them to hang around in the stadium after the game (to finish their drink). It's the same reason last call in a bar is usually 15 minutes before close.

The last thing I'd want if I'm stadium security is a bunch of folks who have been drinking all day and who are still probably emotionally charged about the result of the game hanging around together in the premises.

this and there's also the morons who think they can still drive well enough.

if you've been drinking you shouldn't be behind that wheel. serving it late is just going to make it worse. i don't care about any of you guys out there who feel they are having any rights infringed or think it's stupid you can't buy another beer at any time of the day. i only care for me and my families and my friends well being which you endanger even more by doing that.

Personally, anything a stadium can do to fill the seats is probably the right coarse of action. Because let's face it, when you start restricting beer, or otherwise removing some comfort that people have at home, you start making home look a lot better.

To be perfectly frank, the food, the beer, the seats, the quality of the viewing, the ability to replay on the DVR...everything is better at home. The only reason to even go to a game live, would be if there were something you can't reproduce at home for far less money. So what is that then? Interaction with loads of fans you don't know. Alcohol greases that wheel honestly.

My main complaint is for them to stop moving the Guinness kiosk around. They finally put a good beer stand near me, so just keep the Guinness at the same place and I'm fine for the most part. Except for the lip service/arbitrary cut off time like I mentioned earlier.

Here, Here!

I always buy 2 cold ones about two minutes left to go in the third....it's not like I'm drunk or rowdy; I just like to sip on a cold one while watching the game either at the stadium or in my living room. :cheers2:

fug it, people get their panties in a bunch too often.. They already cut it off in the 4th, go ahead and hook the cheap seats up with beer.

By the phrase of the question, I take it other seats have beer constantly served in their area?

And there is nothing like going to the game.. To see the plays developing and see the players on the field makes it all worth while. However, since I'm not loaded at the moment (money wise), I am not opposed to the TV either. =P

Beer has always been cut off in the 4th for everybody, upper and lower due to liability issues. Remember, in the state of NC, if you serve someone who later gets in a car and causes an accident, then you as a bartender can be liable as well for that accident...

Archived