• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Revisiting the 2007 Draft

NanceUSMC

Yeah, I remember people on the Huddle freaking out when I suggested we should trade up for Peterson if he got in range.

In this place's defense, most people were lusting after Willis pre-draft

well, we drafted a 1st round RB in 2006, can't go back to back in 2007......well, Hurney might of but a normal GM wouldnt

Yeah, I remember people on the Huddle freaking out when I suggested we should trade up for Peterson if he got in range.

In this place's defense, most people were lusting after Willis pre-draft

I was one of those guys. I also remember being upset about passing on Derrick Johnson for Thomas Davis

well, we drafted a 1st round RB in 2006, can't go back to back in 2007......well, Hurney might of but a normal GM wouldnt

Like Bobby Knight said when Portland said they didn't want Michael Jordan because they already had a SG and needed a Center:

"Draft him and play him at Center."

Calvin Johnson being listed as one of the worst picks of the draft, and he is now the NFL record holder in single season receiving yards. Funny how things turn out.

It wasn't that Calvin was looked at as a bad player, it was more so considered a bad pick because it was the 4th WR they drafted in the 1st round(all in top 10) in 5 years, while they had a bad QB throwing the ball to all of them. How Matt Millen held his job for so long is a mystery.

Archived