• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jeremy "Meth-head" Mayfield

dimbee

I've always thought that maybe he was taking "greenies" and getting behind the wheel. If that was the case, he was probably the safest and most alert guy out there. The US Airforce gives them to their pilots and they were much more popular in baseball than steroids ever were. Now if he is just a Methhead......

lol at some nascar conspiracy to get rid of mayfield. dude couldn't find a team that wanted him so he had to start his own.

i'll call him stupid just for the fact that he snorted his dope. what a waste of good meth.:D

it stays is your system for a whopping 2 days, and he couldnt time it where he could pass a nascar test? thats also why his own private tests are utter junk, btw.

I honestly don't know who to believe here. For all we know, Jeremy is a meth-head; on the other hand, since when does NASCAR has any substantial credibility? This, and it's not the first time they've hammered on the little guy (Carl Long and the large engine).

On a side note, the only memory I have of Jeremy Mayfield doing something relevant since I've started watching NASCAR in 2001 is this:

Just saw the story on espn. Sure does sound fishy. Unless his stepmom has some type of axe to grind. It's always sad when althletes/drivers throw away everything for drugs or alcohol or gambling etc.

Apparently, his stepmom does have an axe to grind. Mayfield has accused her of not being totally innocent in his father's death and is having her investigated.

What I don't understand is if this prescription is causing him to test positive, can't he stop taking it, at least for a while in order to prove that he can pass their drug test?

All these accusations Mayfield is making (Nascar has it in for me, my stepmom killed my dad etc...) sound like the paranoid rantings a meth addict might say. In truth, I really don't know who to believe.

But regardless of whether he really did take meth, I don't think a sponsor is going to be willing to pony up the money for a car for him to drive. Unless its a sponsor that wants to legalize drugs. :)

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...

Jeremy-Mayfield-Web-Pic.jpg

CATAWBA COUNTY, N.C.--Former NASCAR driver Jeremy Mayfield has been indicted on stolen goods charges.

The indictment states that Mayfield unlawfully, willfully and feloniously possessed several items from Red Bull Racing, Fitz Holdings and DEA Ventures.

Deputies say they found the stolen items, as well as methamphetamine, during a search of his home in November.

link

Archived