• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No fine for shoving a ref to the ground during the Super Bowl

SgtJoo

Are you saying Cam didn't deserve that fine? You can't be serious. Players are not supposed to influence the refs' decision-making by scaring the sh*t out of them. Getting in the face of refs and intimidating them because the penalties you want aren't being called is just crossing the line. What Cam did was immature, disrespectful, and unsportsmanlike. Williams just lost his cool in the biggest game and did something stupid. While I think both of these players deserve fines, what they did were two completely different things.

And he didn't push the ref to the ground:

i1kPXKi.gif

Wow, are you mad or what? Don't trip over your own feet explaining yourself there pal.

So you are saying Cam is a thug who shanked a ref on the field, but the other guy is an angel?

I hope you were drunk posting last night. Thanks for the laugh though.

Are you saying Cam didn't deserve that fine? You can't be serious. Players are not supposed to influence the refs' decision-making by scaring the sh*t out of them. Getting in the face of refs and intimidating them because the penalties you want aren't being called is just crossing the line. What Cam did was immature, disrespectful, and unsportsmanlike. Williams just lost his cool in the biggest game and did something stupid. While I think both of these players deserve fines, what they did were two completely different things.

And he didn't push the ref to the ground:

i1kPXKi.gif

This poo right here is straight up retarded. Please tell you don't actually believe the nonsense you just typed.

One pushed a ref doing his job. The other "scared" a ref doing his job. Which one is worse? Which one do you think deserved a fine if you didn't know the names?

We have videos of both altercations. We really don't need to simplify it. Both actions were stupid and clear violations. Cam's was more disrespectful and unsportsmanlike. It's like everyone is forgetting that Cam wasn't flagged for the contact, but for being disrespectful to the official. I'd like to think he wouldn't have gotten the fine if it weren't for that flag. Point is, there was more to it than just contact so these two scenarios aren't really the same.

Cam got up right after a bullshit tackle to go after the player and the ref happened to be right there between them.

It shouldn't have happened and he learned his lesson imo, but you are highly over exaggerating it.

No, I'm not. Because it was a mistake, it wasn't rude and inappropriate?

I don't know what your definitions of the words "disrespectful" and "unsportsmanlike" are, but I'm not calling Cam the devil. These were the exact words used by the ref that flagged him either way.

We have videos of both altercations. We really don't need to simplify it. Both actions were stupid and clear violations. Cam's was more disrespectful and unsportsmanlike. It's like everyone is forgetting that Cam wasn't flagged for the contact, but for being disrespectful to the official. I'd like to think he wouldn't have gotten the fine if it weren't for that flag. Point is, there was more to it than just contact so these two scenarios aren't really the same.

Total bullshit, and you know it. Williams pushed the ref as you would push someone in a fight, Williams contact was way more malicious than Cam's, and even AFTER the ref tried to calm him down, he still was going after the 49ers players and he still didn't get a flag.

Total bullshit, and you know it. Williams pushed the ref as you would push someone in a fight, Williams contact was way more malicious than Cam's, and even AFTER the ref tried to calm him down, he still was going after the 49ers players and he still didn't get a flag.

My point is still the same. These two scenarios can't be compared just because of the contact.

Never did I say Williams did nothing wrong. I do think what Cam did was worse.

No, I'm not. Because it was a mistake, it wasn't rude and inappropriate?

I don't know what your definitions of the words "disrespectful" and "unsportsmanlike" are, but I'm not calling Cam the devil. These were the exact words used by the ref that flagged him either way.

Bottom line, neither of us were down there on the field with Boger and Cam. Nor were the idiotic sports analysts.

No point on arguing with you, because clearly you already have a flawed judgement made up in your mind.

Archived