• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What could the NFL do with the off season?

Darth Biscuit

Since this is the first Sunday without any football, and with so much talk of an 18 game regular season... I was thinking about things the NFL could do in the off season.

Sundays are boring now... Sure there's basketball, golf and hockey now but its not the NFL.

Other than extending the season, which I personally think is a bad idea... what else could they do?

How about a minor league season in the spring. Each franchise could have a minor league team of talent that didn't make the NFL and play like an 8 game season with a short playoff.

I would watch that, would you?

I was just talking about this at work, I would love a minor league team made up of players not on the 53 roster most of the season. This would give lot's of players the opportunity to show off their skill and this will make the league millions...The down side to all of this is watering down the NFL product need to keep the fans excited for next season to begin.

a league of players that aren't good enough to play in the NFL?

it's called the CFL! not even a fair comparison, but it's a fix and a good enough reason to drink beer with 30 or 40 thousand of your friends!

Well yes... but that's a whole other league...

If the Panthers had a minor league off-season team... Panthers JV... I would root for them just like I do the Panthers... that's kind of my idea. It's NFL JV.

Archived