• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

New Bungie game: Destiny

Doc Holiday

So I did the first story mission, which is necessary to open up the new subclass.

I love getting new stuff, and I'm getting lots of new stuff =)  I'm swaping out for Greens at 165 over my 170 PoE gear for no other reason than it's new =)

If I can play this afternoon, I'm going to try to get my sunbreaker quest done =)  I am very happy with a lot of the changes, BUT from a story perspective, I wish there was a little better intro for new players.  I mean, I'm a Destiny nerd so I don't need any introductions, but brand new players might feel a little caught up and confused.  Again, Bungie needs some work on that tutorial.

I need to delete my new shader and emblem so I can get my green engram.  Apparently they are dropping exotics.  I'd love to get lucky and get a hawkmoon...but yeah, it will probably be a dragonsbreath =P

TTK is a new Destiny, and I hope that those who bailed after TDB and HoW will give it a shot.  The quest system means you'll always have plenty of content to do (unless you're a burner in a day person), and options.  I love the new bounty system system as well.  The cut scenes are very good, and I can't wait to see more.

I have so many questions, and I can't wait to finish the story to see how it turns out!

I can't play until friday as well. OMFG. 

Dude I feel your pain!  I only get about 20 minutes in the AM and maybe 30 in the afternoons when I'm not picking my son up from preschool...  It's almost worse as I get a tease but then have to go to work where they keep adding stuff to my plate...All I want to do is kill aliens with my flaming hammers of death (oh yeah...that's sweet!!1)

Oh and I forgot to mention to everyone: from my curious engram (as a year 1 vet), I got the Hawkmoon!  It's as beautiful as I've seen and heard online!  Looking forward to leveling it!

Dude I feel your pain!  I only get about 20 minutes in the AM and maybe 30 in the afternoons when I'm not picking my son up from preschool...  It's almost worse as I get a tease but then have to go to work where they keep adding stuff to my plate...All I want to do is kill aliens with my flaming hammers of death (oh yeah...that's sweet!!1)

Oh and I forgot to mention to everyone: from my curious engram (as a year 1 vet), I got the Hawkmoon!  It's as beautiful as I've seen and heard online!  Looking forward to leveling it!

I got the Hawkmoon as well! I got lucky, I'm leveling it up. I absolutely love that gun. I spent around 2 hours on the story yesterday, I got my hunter her void bow. 

Too bad Mara Sov and her fallout boy looking brother died. They were intriguing characters that I would have liked more back story on. I feel they died way too soon.

This game feels like a new game so far, not a DLC. That's just me though. 

I got the Hawkmoon as well! I got lucky, I'm leveling it up. I absolutely love that gun. I spent around 2 hours on the story yesterday, I got my hunter her void bow. 

Hidden Content

This game feels like a new game so far, not a DLC. That's just me though. 

you never actually see them die, especially him. I would not be surprised at all if they are still alive

Hidden Content

True, but a blast like that, ya ain't coming back from that. At least I don't see it. Also the dudes ship is completely destroyed though. If they come back, I think it will be as taken. That's what I think could happen. I don't think they are alive. I hope they are though, I really liked their characters.[/spoilers]

The Hawkmoon is upgradable beyond 170 right? I hope it is, it would suck to have that exotic only to be 170...

Hidden Content

You have to go to the hall of guardians (where the three vanguard folks are.  There you will find three kiosks, one for old quests, one for exotic weapon blue prints and the third for exotic armor blueprints.  You can see which ones are year 1 versus year 2.  The Hawkmoon is a year two exotic because it was PS exclusive, and they want to throw a bone to us xbox folks.  To bad I need to get level 40 and 175 exotic marks....That will be a while!

You have to go to the hall of guardians (where the three vanguard folks are.  There you will find three kiosks, one for old quests, one for exotic weapon blue prints and the third for exotic armor blueprints.  You can see which ones are year 1 versus year 2.  The Hawkmoon is a year two exotic because it was PS exclusive, and they want to throw a bone to us xbox folks.  To bad I need to get level 40 and 175 exotic marks....That will be a while!

I wouldn't use 175 mark on it ...as of right now- there are much better ways to use those marks ...i.e. getting 280 armor from vendors first 

Archived