• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How about cutting Beason instead of Willliams.

panther4life

You are the one living in the past. Gettleman 2 days ago said that Newton will be staying in the pocket (that means he won't be running much at all except on broken plays) and Tolbert was used primarily in the red zone. We are going to a more power running game circa 2008. We surely may throw more but this offense is going to look a whole lot like 2008 with a better passing game. Cam and Tolbert together won't account for 40% of the rushing this year. Wait and see........................

Last time I checked...the new GM isn't our play caller. Last GM obviously thought we would be doing X when we did Y as well.

Cam Newton is a runner. Be it by design or not....it is what he does naturally and nearly effortless. He will continue to be a key cog in our ground attack....wait and see.

Offense will resemble 2011 more than 2008 IMO...Shula like every other OC of late will adapt to his athletic QB. We aren't going to see a Jeff Davidson/Fox offense.

Rivera is banking on Cam....and Cam not Chud brought the read option to Carolina. Rivera is going to keep Cam comfortable.

Last time I checked...the new GM isn't our play caller. Last GM obviously thought we would be doing X when we did Y as well.

Cam Newton is a runner. Be it by design or not....it is what he does naturally and nearly effortless. He will continue to be a key cog in our ground attack....wait and see.

Offense will resemble 2011 more than 2008 IMO...

Rivera is banking on Cam....and Cam not Chud brought the read option to Carolina. Rivera is going to keep Cam comfortable.

The management tree goes Owner/GM/Coach for a reason.

It's pretty obvious there was a disconnect the last couple of years between the way Hurney stacked the roster and how Rivera and/or Chudzinski utilized that roster on Gamedays.

If the GM wants Cam in the pocket because he is invaluable to this Franchise in the long term our idiot Head Coach better pay attention.

Or expect to be in the unemployment line sooner rather than later.

Again, when the new GM makes his moves and we start the 2013 season you can then state he believes X and Y.....

You don't know what the heck he is going to do to this current roster.....prior to the 2013 season. You keep stating his beliefs are yours heading into this upcoming year....which is an impossible statement to make. Maybe in the next 3 weeks

we will learn his approach to all this

Cutting Williams certainly is realistic....which is why so many who aren't Panther fans and report on the NFL keep talking about it....

Beason is a different ball of wax....

We will all wait and see what he does. Too bad when once again I am proven correct, I will still have to suffer hundreds of your posts to the contrary. Cutting Williams as anything other than a June 1st cut won't happen. I will go one further and say he won't be a June 1st cut unless they can't agree on a restructure. Why don't we both say nothing more about his contract until we find out who is right.... I know I can do that.... I don't think you can make it 3 posts.

The management tree goes Owner/GM/Coach for a reason.

It's pretty obvious there was a disconnect the last couple of years between the way Hurney stacked the roster and how Rivera and/or Chudzinski utilized that roster on Gamedays.

If the GM wants Cam in the pocket because he is invaluable to this Franchise in the long term our idiot Head Coach better pay attention.

Or expect to be in the unemployment line sooner rather than later.

The plays on the field go HC/OC.....Gettlemen ain't in the equation. Just like Hurney wasn't,

If Gettlemen thinks Cam should play like Eli....then there is a reason no one gave the dinosaur consideration for a gig besides our beloved Mr. Pie Chart.

We will all wait and see what he does. Too bad when once again I am proven correct, I will still have to suffer hundreds of your posts to the contrary. Cutting Williams as anything other than a June 1st cut won't happen. I will go one further and say he won't be a June 1st cut unless they can't agree on a restructure. Why don't we both say nothing more about his contract until we find out who is right.... I know I can do that.... I don't think you can make it 3 posts.

LOL. I have never suggested cutting Williams as anything but a June 1 cut. I also said the new GM will tell him to rip up his deal and take a clear pay cut or be cut....

Bookmark that. No Williams talk until we see what the GM does.

Pretty sure I was right to date....that signing both RBs would be an utter disaster.

LOL. I have never suggested cutting Williams as anything but a June 1 cut. I also said the new GM will tell him to rip up his deal and take a clear pay cut or be cut....

Bookmark that. No Williams talk until we see what the GM does.

Pretty sure I was right to date....that signing both RBs would be an utter disaster.

No you were wrong on all fronts. it hasn't cost us that much to keep both up to now asStewart has been very cheap. Once this get restructured it will be reasonable again. Once we go back to more of a power running attack and William shines again, most posters will be glad we kept both given we had little choice anyway. Lets see if you continue to bitch or not........

No you were wrong on all fronts. it hasn't cost us that much to keep both up to now asStewart has been very cheap. Once this get restructured it will be reasonable again. Once we go back to more of a power running attack and William shines again, most posters will be glad we kept both given we had little choice anyway. Lets see if you continue to bitch or not........

There you go...

Talking about what you just said you wouldn't

The plays on the field go HC/OC.....Gettlemen ain't in the equation. Just like Hurney wasn't,

If Gettlemen thinks Cam should play like Eli....then there is a reason no one gave the dinosaur consideration for a gig besides our beloved Mr. Pie Chart.

Then I'd say you simply dont understand structure,

If the GM and Head Coach dont share similar philosophies, why then you have what we've had the last 2 years.

Failure.

Let's do what P55 suggests, wait and see.

If the GM and Head Coach dont share similar philosophies, why then you have what we've had the last 2 years.

Failure.

I agree the result was failure...

Personally, I don't like the GM implying he somehow has something to do with what is going to happen on the field. That is the first thing I have seen/heard I haven't like about him....

I do want to wait and see...his Newton usage comments are potentially worrisome. Sounds as if he has no idea what he has

Failure.

The way i see it. The two (HC/GM) come together to see what personnel best fits what the COACH is trying to do, not the other way around. They do need to share philosophies, which from what i have heard they do, but ultimately it is the coaches who have control of what happens on the field.

CRA believes ya should never reward a young player with a bigger contract, then the moment he feels he is worth to much, just cut them.

NFL doesn't work that way.

Not true...just RBs. I don't think you extend them past there rookie deals in today's NFL with big contracts with a few exceptions. Those would be teams with no QB, a stud RB, and the team is going to live and die on handing it off.

If you have a QB, just draft or pickup decent backs and invest in your OL.

I agree the result was failure...

Personally, I don't like the GM implying he somehow has something to do with what is going to happen on the field. That is the first thing I have seen/heard I haven't like about him....

I do want to wait and see...his Newton usage comments are potentially worrisome. Sounds as if he has no idea what he has

Of course the GM and head coach have to be in the same playbook philosophically as well as understanding what kind of scheme and plays we are going to run. The GM has to get the players to make the scheme work and GMs are going to be involved in how their players are going to used. he gets the players that Rivera uses. He has to know what skill sets are going to be needed and won't want the coach to take unnecessary risks with franchise players like Newton. Gettleman is Rivera's boss and has every right to tell Rivera not to expose his franchise quarterback to risks if he feels that is in Newton's best interest. He is paid to make those decisions and right or wrong needs to do what he is getting paid to do.

Most people don't agree with you that Newton should be a primary ball carrier and run 200 times a season.

The way i see it. The two (HC/GM) come together to see what personnel best fits what the COACH is trying to do, not the other way around. They do need to share philosophies, which from what i have heard they do, but ultimately it is the coaches who have control of what happens on the field.

The GM is the boss. Gettleman hasn't ever called plays and won't now but he will tell Rivera whether to run Cam or not to protect him from getting hurt. Coaches manage the details but GMs control the big picture.

Archived