• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bad day for female kicker hopeful Silberman

Brokenbad

This woman is writing a thesis at MIT on how Video Games can effect sports performance...what better way to spruce up your thesis and get it published then be the first woman to try out for the NFL? It's obvious her goals.

It'd have been one this if this was Mia Hamm, or Hope Solo, or a recognizable superstar woman's soccer player...but this is a MIT grad student who's writing a thesis on video games and played on a recreational soccer team 5-6 years ago. If any woman has a shot, she will need to be basically the Lebron James/Cam Newton/RG3/Michael Jordan of female genetics, and be a name you already know. Even then it'd be a less then .00001% chance it'd be anything but a publicity stunt.

Women, the handicapped, and...uhh... nerds? What is the guy in the middle supposed to represent?

Ahh, so your own biases come to the forefront Shaq! Here come the PC dryhumpers!

J/k...

Actually, it's not about the handicapped, that is Stephen Hawking. He is a certified genius. I'll let you figure the rest out.

The middle... :lol: That is a man that goes by the name of Clay Aiken.

This woman is writing a thesis at MIT on how Video Games can effect sports performance...what better way to spruce up your thesis and get it published then be the first woman to try out for the NFL? It's obvious her goals.

It'd have been one this if this was Mia Hamm, or Hope Solo, or a recognizable superstar woman's soccer player...but this is a MIT grad student who's writing a thesis on video games and played on a recreational soccer team 5-6 years ago. If any woman has a shot, she will need to be basically the Lebron James/Cam Newton/RG3/Michael Jordan of female genetics, and be a name you already know. Even then it'd be a less then .00001% chance it'd be anything but a publicity stunt.

But, that's why everyone should be offended by her "tryout" to some degree. For female athletes that have progressed their position in the social stratosphere through their efforts, she just took them a step back with her actions. It's insulting, not because she legitimately tried, but because she didn't, and in the process, played everyone for fools with her media tour and subsequent 3 minute press conference in which she wouldn't even give a straight answer on how far she can kick.

Dumbest idea for a thesis I have heard. Other than listening to idiots on message boards act as though an NFL franchise can operate like Madden and the fact that soon kids will be too fat to play actual sports, I don't see any relevance.

How trying out for something she is obviously unqualified to do helps her cause, I have no idea. Unless you are implying that it's just a publicity stunt. If that's the case, I agree.

Dumbest idea for a thesis I have heard. Other than listening to idiots on message boards act as though an NFL franchise can operate like Madden and the fact that soon kids will be too fat to play actual sports, I don't see any relevance.

How trying out for something she is obviously unqualified to do helps her cause, I have no idea. Unless you are implying that it's just a publicity stunt. If that's the case, I agree.

It helps her cause in so many ways, it's ridictulous. First, she can use her first hand knowledge that video games obviously don't help sports performance and turn the average woman into a NFL athlete. Secondly, she's now virtually a household name which despite her failure, will help her upcoming search for employment and publishing her thesis.

One of my undergraduate professors lived as a homeless person during the day for 6 months to write about their expierences. People have done much more stupid things to create a interesting thesis.

The only thing worse than what he said is your misinformed defense of his statements.

He went into a rant about entitlements and affirmative action. There is a place for that crap, it's called the tinderbox. Seems you and him aren't the only insecure males over compensating in this thread.

Not sure if serious...

Either way I'm not sure i get your point. I'm insecure because I feel bad for the young lady who was used by the media for ratings?

If you say so...

Not sure if serious...

Either way I'm not sure i get your point. I'm insecure because I feel bad for the young lady who was used by the media for ratings?

If you say so...

If you are defending his point (unsure why you feel why he needs you standing up for him) then you are contradicting yourself by throwing out pity for this woman. Perhaps you need to read his post again.

He clearly states he has no respect for affirmative action (look it up in the dictionary) opportunity at said sports level. He then broadly alleges that in our country minorities, women, and homosexuals are given opportunities simply to "break boundaries" (read between the lines there) and assumes these individuals are falsely earning or being handed said opportunities because they supposedly received it based on their race, gender, or sexual orientation. This is an outrageous and laughable statement.

I'm not really sure why I have to hold your hand and explain to you what is wrong with his rhetoric and views here. If you condone or agree with what he stated then so be it, that's your choice. As for me, I'm through discussing it. I've given my opinion on his view.

If you are defending his point (unsure why you feel why he needs you standing up for him) then you are contradicting yourself by throwing out pity for this woman. Perhaps you need to read his post again.

He clearly states he has no respect for affirmative action (look it up in the dictionary) opportunity at said sports level. He then broadly alleges that in our country minorities, women, and homosexuals are given opportunities simply to "break boundaries" (read between the lines there) and assumes these individuals are falsely earning or being handed said opportunities because they supposedly received it based on their race, gender, or sexual orientation. This is an outrageous and laughable statement.

I'm not really sure why I have to hold your hand and explain to you what is wrong with his rhetoric and views here. If you condone or agree with what he stated then so be it, that's your choice. As for me, I'm through discussing it. I've given my opinion on his view.

You're a silly banana!

I don't need my hand held. But it's pretty funny at how rustled your jimmy is.

Archived