• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Justin Hunter Generating First-Round Buzz

JawnyBlaze

http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftrumormill.php

WalterFootall.com spoke with some scouts, including one from a receiver-needy team picking in the back half of the top 32. All believe that Hunter is likely to go in the first round. They said the Combine really helped Hunter with positive reports from his medical check and an excellent 40-yard dash time of 4.44 seconds.

The 6-foot-4, 196-pound Hunter is proving that he is regaining his speed and explosiveness following a 2011 ACL injury. Hunter missed most of that season before playing in every game of 2012. He totaled 73 receptions for 1,083 yards and nine touchdowns in an offense that spread the ball around to Hunter, Patterson, Zach Rogers and Mychal Rivera.

Scouts told WalterFootball.com that they love the upside of Hunter. He has the size to work in the short to intermediate part of the field and speed to get vertical. They like his run-after-the-catch ability as well as his combination of size and speed. Hunter hasn't received a lot of first-round buzz, but one team in the mid 20s said it would be ecstatic if he was on the board for its pick.

:( I'm really hoping he's there when we pick in the 2nd.

He won't be, I've said before he needed a good combine to get back into the first round. i'm honestly expecting a Stephon Gilmore/Mark Barron type rise for him, 6'4 with that kind of speed and produced in the SEC? Yeah he's gonna keep rising.

I had us taking us him in the 2nd in my mock draft but always knew in the back of my mind that he probably wouldn't make it to us. I could see him coming off the board between 22-25 to Rams, Vikings, Colts or Seahawks, respectively.

He could also go to the Pats at 29. Brady put up the best numbers of his career when he had a big WR that could stretch the field.

Somebody said this same thing awhile ago. Somebody said he will be seen as the better prospect over another UT WR. As this process goes forward. Somebody was willing to bet a few geniuses on here that just based on the film. He looked at Hunter will be the better WR early and for the long run of his career. I wonder who that person is?

Somebody said this same thing awhile ago. Somebody said he will be seen as the better prospect over another UT WR. As this process goes forward. Somebody was willing to bet a few geniuses on here that just based on the film. He looked at Hunter will be the better WR early and for the long run of his career. I wonder who that person is?

I mean Hunter still isn't going to jump Patterson, so he will not be seen as the better prospect. So I'm not sure what you are trying to get at

No that's because I can watch film and know what I'm looking for. I can't help you're a dumb ass.

No, you're an absolute clueless hater, because I watch a shitt ton of tape and that statement is completely false. As usual.

Nothing to see here.

No, you're an absolute clueless hater, because I? watch a shitt ton of tape and that statement is completely false. As usual.

Nothing to see here.

Yeah that's why we are starting to see analysis say the same thing I said a month before the Combine. Bwood you're a hypocritical LA douchbag. Stay in your place clown.

Archived