• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why can't we ever just make a splash?

Tomorrow, we'll all wake up and watch other teams make signings that make them better and put them over the top. Most of these teams will be teams that are already further along than we are. These same teams will draft absolute studs while we take safe guys and try to "outsmart" everyone else with crafty reaches.

Just like today... you're telling me we couldn't flip something to get a Harvin or a Boldin in here? Come on. Both of the teams that got it done are already ahead of us, and we will be behind them next season probably once again.

I get so tired of watching NFL network every night and being an absolute after though in this league. At some point you have to be all in. Just go out and sign someone who is big time. Get it done. Worry about being under the cap later. Other teams who are in cap trouble still somehow find a way year in and year out.

Just once I wish we would make a splash, make the big move, and then make another big move and draft a stud in the first round. Love Kuechly and Cam... but we need more offensive weapons. Not satisfactory type guys. We need another star.

I get tired of watching NFL Films only to see highlights of another team's super bowl run or storied tradition. I love the panthers, I hate how we do things a step behind.

We did make a splash, we signed the best available defensive end.  

First days of FA = overpaying. What we know about Gettleman is that he's not going to compromise the future on guys who might only be good for a shirt while. Let's see how many of these "splash" FAs consistently earn their checks versus those who get shopped in a year or two.

Sent from my VS980 4G using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Hahahahah!!! I thought this was a new thread until like the third page!

This is as good of a whiner thread as any I suppose! Same Whiney-panted fans different year. Some people just can't be happy no matter what.

If they moved the NFL draft to charlotte, you wouldn't be able to know the difference except that all the green and white jerseys were electric blue instead. Dang this is a pessimistic bunch if Whiney-arzed-whining

Archived