• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Juice to waivers?

Stumpy

Chip_Alexander @ice_chip

Hearing Jokinen, Wallace to go on waivers at noon.

Cray Cray.

I'll be sad to see him go. I have some great memories of him in a Canes sweater.

But, I can't say I'm surprised. It needed to happen sooner rather than later.

I dont think this means a trade happens. LaRose is back off IR and takes his spot. This is about getting 3M off the books for next season.

They opened up two roster spots and the only reason to get rid of the 3 million and open a roster spot is if you are on the verge of adding someone that will cost comparably next season and you need the roster spot now.

Plus it's reported that there was some interest in him via trade and that wasn't taken, so add them both together and I think it points to a trade. It was also reported that there might be some movement by some of the Canes reporters on twitter. Waiting for the healthy scratch tonight to see if something is indeed going down or not.

They opened up two roster spots and the only reason to get rid of the 3 million and open a roster spot is if you are on the verge of adding someone that will cost comparably next season and you need the roster spot now.

Plus it's reported that there was some interest in him via trade and that wasn't taken, so add them both together and I think it points to a trade. It was also reported that there might be some movement by some of the Canes reporters on twitter. Waiting for the healthy scratch tonight to see if something is indeed going down or not.

Well they just gave Semin 35M. Ruutu's contract bumps him up to 5M next season. Skinner's extension kicks in next season also. Writing was on the wall for Jussi and we might as well waive him now since he really doesn't have a role anymore.

I buy that they tried to trade him but other teams would want us to pay some of his salary which is something JR doesn't want to do. As for scratches, as far as I know Bowman is the only forward scratched so I really dont think there's anything pointing to a trade.

Of course, he could clear and we could trade him for like a 6th.

Archived