• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers in Miami

RoaringRiot

Panthers fans: The Panthers are playing in Miami this season - it will be another 8 years after this before they are back.

We have the entire Clevelander Hotel reserved for The Roaring Riot and we're turning it into Panthers Fans' Headquarters for the entire weekend. If you're interested in watching the Panthers in Miami next season check out roaringriot.com for information on our trip and how you can join us in South Beach at the Clevelander.

Go Panthers!

Panther fan here in Miami. Are you guys going to be tailgating at the stadium before the game?

Panther fan here in Miami. Are you guys going to be tailgating at the stadium before the game?

Actually...the group tailgating options at Sun Life Stadium are the worst I've seen. NO outside caterer, NO DJ, NO loud music. They wanted us to pay a ridiculous fee to eat their hot dogs and hamburgers and only have beer to drink. And have us on some grassy area away from the other tailgaters. NO THANKS

Instead....we're having a tailgate party at the Clevelander starting at 9:30am. It's OPEN BAR (beer and liquor) and a FULL breakfast and we have our own DJ playing tons of Cat Scratch Fever, Sweet Caroline, and the Panthers' fight song. We have buses picking us up at the Clevelander at 11:30, so we'll have 45mins to an hour to tailgate in the lot before the game.

If you're interested, we have ticket and tailgate options for people who aren't staying with us. We even have full entertainment packages if you wanted to come hang with Panthers Fans at the Clevelander (and other places) all weekend.

For teams in the AFC....we play them every 4 years. We play at THEIR PLACE every other eight years (the other four years they will be in Charlotte. Think of it like this....

We play one full Division of the AFC each year

There are four AFC Divisions that we rotate through each year

We alternate playing home and away.

So basically...we played Miami in Charlotte in 2009 and now we're in Miami in 2013.

Make sense?

That is how I understood it too. As I said above however we played in Denver in '04, Charlotte in '08 and Charlotte in '12. If it went the way you say 100% of the time then this year's games should have been in Denver, correct?

That said if its an early season game im defintely interested. End of november not so much.

Funny you mention that because my plans/pricing are only good for Aug-Oct. "Season" in S Florida starts in November so all the prices go up. Plus I figured it would be too tough to get people to go around the holidays. So basically....if its not an earlier game then there's a chance we call an audible and head to Tampa instead.

I'm gonna need a ballpark figure for this trip. No info about this on your site. I'm assuming its somewhere in the 500 range tho. way out of my price range lmao

On the site look under the Upcoming Trips tab and select South Beach. There are two and three night packages.

That is how I thought it worked, but it is not 100%. The Panthers were in Denver in '04. I moved here in '05. Then on '08 we played in Charlotte. I was expecting to, and was looking forward to finally seeing a game at Mile High when the Panthers came to town in '12, but we were again in Charlotte. So at a minimum it will be twelve years between visits.

The only time the rule doesn't apply is when it's against the NFC West and AFC West I think. The NFL made it so that a team doesn't have to travel to the west coast twice against two AFC West teams or two NFC West teams. For example, last year we would've had to travel west to San Diego and into Denver hence the change to the Denver game being a home game for the Panthers.

The only time the rule doesn't apply is when it's against the NFC West and AFC West I think. The NFL made it so that a team doesn't have to travel to the west coast twice against two AFC West teams or two NFC West teams. For example, last year we would've had to travel west to San Diego and into Denver hence the change to the Denver game being a home game for the Panthers.

Why would they do that and not take under consideration the AFC teams coming east?

Archived