• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I think this is how we all feel right now

lightsout

I mean, it MAY not be a coaching issue...but we either 1) have been giving worse efforts for the past 12 games than we did when we were leading the division, or 2) the wins we got earlier in the year were due to our talent alone and teams made adjustments, which forces our coaches to as well, which would mean it is a coaching issue. There are other possibilities, but it SEEMS to me anyway that the two most likely options would be the above two. Could be a case of bad luck. Could be a case of just sucking. I don't know. All I know is we are losing to teams now (in embarrassing fashion) that we were beating pretty well earlier in the year.

It's JR's fault for not doing a damn thing to help our defense and it's Muller's fault for being a bad coach.

JR's hands are tied with all the money being paid to Semin, Skinner, Ward, Jordan and Eric Staal. There's very little money left to fix the defense the next few seasons. To make matters worse the depth and talent of the team's farm system is horrible and there's likely no help to come from there minus Murphy's light bulb going off.

JR's hands are tied with all the money being paid to Semin, Skinner, Ward, Jordan and Eric Staal. There's very little money left to fix the defense the next few seasons. To make matters worse the depth and talent of the team's farm system is horrible and there's likely no help to come from there minus Murphy's light bulb going off.

And whose fault is that?

article_14673_2.jpg

Ward needs to be gone in the offseason. He's being paid way too much money when we have 2 other goalies that put out the same production. Skinner is going to have to step up his game or else he should be too.

Ward needs to be gone in the offseason. He's being paid way too much money when we have 2 other goalies that put out the same production. Skinner is going to have to step up his game or else he should be too.

Normally I'd disagree with you on Ward and Skinner, but with the shape the team is in. I actually agree just thinking about the amount of talent that trading those two would bring back, even if it was in just draft picks. ( it would help the team get under the cap even more and go after a FA top 2-4 guy to help the defense plus add a bunch of talent to the farm system at the same time.

I'd do it if it was up to me.

Normally I'd disagree with you on Ward and Skinner, but with the shape the team is in. I actually agree just thinking about the amount of talent that trading those two would bring back, even if it was in just draft picks. ( it would help the team get under the cap even more and go after a FA top 2-4 guy to help the defense plus add a bunch of talent to the farm system at the same time.

I'd do it if it was up to me.

The only thing Skinner brings to the table is offense. He doesn't bring defense. If he keeps turning over the puck, wiffing on one-timers, being too cautious, then he isn't really worth it. Yea he had 1 good year, but since then he hasn't really stood out. I hope JR can put his emotions aside and do what's best for the team.

Archived