• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

City is running out of options in effort to tie Panthers to Charlotte

SCP

fug politicians. Good for nothing.

And it doesn't matter if the next owner develops a winning franchise if they aren't in the Carolinas for us fans to reap the benefits. I WILL NOT pull for the Panthers if they move. Point blank, period.

The next owner that buys the team could very well already have an exit plan before he buys, and in that case, he's not going to give our city/state the chance to build a new stadium or renovate the existing one.

Hope everyone enjoys not paying a measly tax to keep our team here. We sure will show them, just like we did the Hornets! Take that pro sports!

I would just like the state to allow the Charlotte metro area to deal with it on it's own, ie decide locally if the area wants to raise the taxes here. It's a local vs. state issue and the state is severely overstepping its bounds. If the populace votes down the proposed prepared food hike, that's one thing....but to not even allow it to be decided on the appropriate level is teh dumb.

That's one of my main gripes. The state and McCrory need to let local issues play out locally.

I would just like the state to allow the Charlotte metro area to deal with it on it's own, ie decide locally if the area wants to raise the taxes here. It's a local vs. state issue and the state is severely overstepping its bounds. If the populace votes down the proposed prepared food hike, that's one thing....but to not even allow it to be decided on the appropriate level is teh dumb.

It's no coincidence that the state is also trying to steal control of the airport from Charlotte.

This is an airport that the city of Charlotte developed into being the 6th busiest airport IN THE WORLD and now the pinheads in Raleigh want control.

There is that little issue of the State being broke.

Shocked by how many of you support Billionaire Welfare.

I support the process of making it difficult for a new owner to move the team. It's one thing I want to be a selfish prick about. We all have one trivial thing to bitch and moan about. I happen to love going to games and watching the Panthers. The people should help pay for my enjoyment.

Wow, we are getting a brand new stadium with our public money for the same price you guys are getting "upgrades". And our public money is actually coming from you guys as well, so we appreciate that.

This does make me appreciate the Godfather more though, when he wanted to upgrade the dome he did it with his own money. The Falcons are also footing 800 million of the new stadium price, though I'm sure us fans are getting ready to take it raw with this PSL poo.

Archived