• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kenny Vaccaro visiting tomorrow

Zithers

In what sense? Cyprien played both FS and SS and lined up at the slot position. Vaccaro's versatility isn't rare. Furthermore, Kenny struggled at FS. He excels as a SS in the box. The Longhorns employed him as a linebacker as a matter of fact because he has trouble tackling RBs and WRs in the open field.

What's the biggest concerns about Vaccaro? Where do I start? Speed, IQ, off the field issues, tackling form, bad angles, coverage skills, and strength.

Here is a draft analysis on both by the same source so there are similar biases and they compare better than way. According to NFl.com Vacarro is listed as a strong safety but has better coverage skills than Cyprien. He was also one of the top guys in the bench press at the combine with 15 reps which was 3 behind Cyprien who lifted at his pro-day and didn't do much at the combine due to an injury..

But Cypien is listed as a free safety and this same source says he lacks great coverage skills compared to Vaccaro. Given the emphasis we have on man coverage, Cyprien would be a better fit for a primary zone team.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/kenny-vaccaro?id=2539320

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/john-cyprien?id=2539223

The problem with these draft analyses though is that they contradict each other so often you would think they are talking about different guys.

Jesse isn't going 14th overall.

Richardson might, but I'm no fan of his. He's weak against the run (the area Carolina is trying to fix).

I was talking about Sly Williams from UNC.

And the whole Idea about Richardson being weak against the run is way overblown by fans.

That's the issue with these draft analysis. You can't truly trust what critics and supports write. I only trust the tape.

Vaccaro does possess good coverage attributes but he gets beat deep way too often (for a guy who everybody is calling the best coverage safety in years) and, at times, covers TE and WRs horribly. Kenny appears like a seventh rounder during those moments. A safety of his caliber shouldn't be caught in such compromising positions. Then there's his tackling technique (quite possibly the worst aspect to his game). It's just downright awful on several occasions. The angles he takes are appalling, thus why he's practically a liability in the open field. On top of it all, Vaccaro cares more about laying out the wood than wrapping his opposition. If he gets owned in the process he turns into a spoiled little baby (yelling at his teammates, punching opposing WRs and RBs, flipping tables, etc).

Vaccaro has had his moments at Texas but he's not worth 14th overall. He's on par with Eric Reid, in my opinion. Kenny deserves to go in the second round.

Tape that you watch and have expertise in analyzing??? Do you work for a college or pro team or a draft site?? Should we ignore all these other sources and listen to you because you have expertise. If so, please enlighten me as to what you do. Otherwise I have a hard time finding anything you say credible..

Funny how all the Allen jock huggers used Mayock as their source for why he will be great, and all the Vaccaro haters ignore that Mayock lists him the best safety in college and not a peep.

Me I trust the Panthers to pick the best guy for our team since they know what kind of player we need to run our schemes. And their record in the first round is rather impressive. I would be fine with a safety in the first actually. We have ignored the position long enough and with all the receivers and tight ends in our division, we need to shore up the secondary. I think that is as big a need as NT right now.......................

I don't give a flying **** if you find me credible. 80% of this board finds him overrated because they can see with their own eyes that Vaccaro can't tackle a RB or WR to save his life (which is precisely why he was essentially used as a LB) in the open field. They also watched him get burned by freshmen and no-names while playing centerfielder.

If you bothered to watch the tape, it should be crystal clear to you.

80% really??

Did you take a poll or something?

Archived