• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jordan says Charlotte Hornets "sounds good"

Zod

adam silver said it could take up to 18 months to change. so this could take a while, I just hope they let us know its going to happen at some point

18 Months would equal the beginning of the 2014-15 season, which was our target from the start. Everything seems to be falling into place!

A lot of folk have been bringing up the fact that New Orleans' rebrand was 'expedited', but the reality is that it will have been almost exactly 18 months since Benson declared his intentions to rebrand his squad before they actually take the court as the Pelicans (April 2012 - October 2013).

I don't know anything concrete, but there have been whispers of something happening pretty doggone soon. I'm going to steal a page from the Cats' PR playbook: not sure about the timeframe, but I'd be shocked if we don't know something really soon.

I agree with Zod, if they announce the name change then it has to be done this year because no one would by merch. If they don't announce it this year, it's not because it's not happening, it's because they don't want merch prices to come to a stand still.

It's essentially the same thing they did in New Orleans. The only difference is no one knew exactly what they'd settled on until January, so it might've seemed like the wait between Hornets and Pelicans was shorter. The reality is that the two timelines (assuming the 'Cats act quickly) are pretty much mirror images of one another.

Archived