• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Some WR Wonderlic Scores

RockyTopVol

aj green scored a 10.

it's not really a factor.

I see your point but I don't 100% agree. Some guys get by on speed and natural gifts in college but have issues with running routes, understanding plays etc.... In college they can excel because they are elite athletes and can set themselves apart. In the pros everyone is elite. If you do not have the aptitude to grasp the playbook or figure out routes it will catch up to you.

I scored a 38 when I was completely hammered. Too bad I run real slow...

I see your point but I don't 100% agree. Some guys get by on speed and natural gifts in college but have issues with running routes, understanding plays etc.... In college they can excel because they are elite athletes and can set themselves apart. In the pros everyone is elite. If you do not have the aptitude to grasp the playbook or figure out routes it will catch up to you.

I scored a 38 when I was completely hammered. Too bad I run real slow...

tests are only a good indicator of whether you can pass tests. they are the worst gauge of knowledge and ability there is.

being great at taking the wonderlick is no more an indicator of not being able to do the job as scoring high on the wonderlic makes you great at it.

if you have talent, but struggle a little at reading/comprehension (which is what makes up a lot of the wonderlic) as in it takes a bit more effort, coaching staffs will work in different ways. not everyone comprehends things the same way, but most can comprehend.

tests are only a good indicator of whether you can pass tests. they are the worst gauge of knowledge and ability there is.

Blanket statement. Name 3 better gauges of knowledge and ability? If this is the worst then there must be a better, best???

being great at taking the wonderlick is no more an indicator of not being able to do the job as scoring high on the wonderlic makes you great at it.

Agree mostly but there are some takeaways that will complement other factors

if you have talent, but struggle a little at reading/comprehension (which is what makes up a lot of the wonderlic) as in it takes a bit more effort, coaching staffs will work in different ways. not everyone comprehends things the same way, but most can comprehend.

Most books (playbooks, team guidelines, etc...) have words and require reading. If one has a problem with reading comprehension then one has a problem comprehending said documents. By the way, a 7 on the Wonderlic does not equal "a little trouble at reading/comprehension"

I agree that this is not a be all/end all indicator or a barometer for success in the league but it does help with assessing someones aptitude for picking things up. Totally discounting the score is very foolish. Especially if you are grading intangibles.

^ This. Some people just suck at timed tests. In some fields it may be a reason to give the candidate a closer look. Football is not one of those fields.

True, but it's still interesting every year. I did one of these last year and got 32. I was not a great student in college but I still slipped by and graduated. How can a guy that scores a 7 even get into college? I get that athletes get more cushion, but a 7...seriously?? These guys are barely literate.

Have you checked some of their studies? Some are not very important majors.

Archived