• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"Fox easily ranks as the best coach in Panthers history"

SCP

Despite his conservative nature, Fox easily ranks as the best coach in Panthers history.

During his seven-year tenure at Carolina, the Panthers rank sixth in total victories (including the postseason) with 68, trailing only New England, Indianapolis, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia and San Diego.

I know everybody wants to remember Arizona. However, this is what stuck out the most to me from Fowler's Remember Arizona article. I know we haven't won a Superbowl yet, but this is not a bad list to be on.

Suck on it Cowboy fans.

Even though it's been posted on here twice already, here is a link http://www.charlotteobserver.com/panthers/story/784143.html

I know everybody wants to remember Arizona. However, this is what stuck out the most to me from Fowler's Remember Arizona article. I know we haven't won a Superbowl yet, but this is not a bad list to be on.

Suck on it Cowboy fans.

Even though it's been posted on here twice already, here is a link http://www.charlotteobserver.com/panthers/story/784143.html

Stop with the positves. We all know Fox sucks, he is a meddling conservative fool, he is on the hotseat, he hasn't won a Super Bowl and everything else.

Did I miss anything??????

Stop with the positves. We all know Fox sucks, he is a meddling conservative fool, he is on the hotseat, he hasn't won a Super Bowl and everything else.

Did I miss anything??????

Bad breath? He never gives out any real information i.e. team secrets?

Fox has been steady...no major fluxuations. We've been 7-9 at worst and 12-4 at best. A couple of seasons though, a Dom Capers 4-12 or a Seifert 1-15 would have spelled the end of Foxy. Fortunately for Coach Fox he's yet to dip under that 7-9 mark, while a losing season it's the "best" losing season mark you can have only a game out of a non-losing season.

Top coaches have gotten fired for better results. Remember Tony Dungy getting canned in Tampa for only making the playoffs and not winning the Super Bowl. I bet Tampa is still kicking themselves for such a stupid move.

Fox has at least kept our team competative every season and I guess that's enough to hang on to him.

I think we are winning 7 at minimum a year because of Fox. I don't ever think he'll get us to the 10+ win echelon every season like a couple of coaches out there. However, that's the reason there's only a couple of coaches like that. Foxy is a 9-7 type coach +/- 2 games. That's good enough for me. Could we get a better coach? Yeah, but by running the risk of letting him go there would be a much higher chance of getting a worse coach in return.

I think we are winning 7 at minimum a year because of Fox. I don't ever think he'll get us to the 10+ win echelon every season like a couple of coaches out there. However, that's the reason there's only a couple of coaches like that. Foxy is a 9-7 type coach +/- 2 games. That's good enough for me. Could we get a better coach? Yeah, but by running the risk of letting him go there would be a much higher chance of getting a worse coach in return.

good post. I admire your approach a a fan and how realistic you are. When you put it into that perspective it makes the game much easier to enjoy as it remove the craziness factor that says we have to be perfect. Getting a worse coach by changing him out is a bigger risk to a person who is happy with +/- 2 games though than a fan who thinks we should be winning that 10+ games a season. I am sure you understand that.

rep for your grounded outlook

Archived