• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

With the 12th pick...

bLACKpANTHER

Who do you choose with the 12 pick??  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you choose with the 12 pick??

• Henderson
    • T.Williams
    • Blair
    • Jennings
    • Clark

DeJuan Blair • 6-7 • 265 lbs. • Forward • Pittsburgh • Sophomore

DeJuan Blair Workout Video | Blair Prospect Profile

(On today’s workout)

This was a good workout. It was one of the best ones because I got a lot of learning out of it. Coach Brown is an excellent coach and I learned a lot today.

(On working out with five other players)

It helped a lot. Going against other physical players makes them better and it makes you better. I want to go against the best to be the best. That is what I think all my workouts have consisted of.

(On how losing weight has helped him)

It helped me a lot in a conditioning way and a healthy way. It helped me with my knees, I’m lighter, more explosive and quicker. It has helped me in a lot of ways, now it is all about maintaining it. I think I’ve been doing a good job on this little road trip I’ve had.

(On how much weight he has lost)

I’m 276 (pounds), so that is about 36 pounds (that I’ve lost). I am just eating right, staying in the weight room late, coming early and doing a lot of extra things to get my body right.

(On where he is expected to be drafted)

Somewhere from 10 to 20. That is the range of teams that I’ve been working out for.

I like Clark...he seems to be a 3/4 combo forward that can score and play D. He is big enough to play the 4 and athletic enough to play the 3 and gaurd on the wing...something you can't discount because cle got knocked out of the playoffs cause they didn't have one. He can come off the bench and back up wallace or diaw....then we could draft meeks in the second to provide some scoring off the bench. Also, Brown seemed really impressed with him today, and even compared him to some pretty good players.

I like Henderson better than T-will if we go with a sg. It seems like Henderson has been a more consistant player during his career.

Also, I like blair, but it is the fact that he tore both his ACLs that concern me, not his weight.

If anyone hasn't seen this article, it is pretty cool...

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft2009/insider/columns/story?columnist=hollinger_john&page=DraftRater-History

Archived