• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Biggest Concern Going Into The Season

Dash Global

He went and got a highly rated player coming out of HS than Bama and LSU wanted that couldnt get into D1 due to his SAT score, who went on to dominate D2 and win a national title.

As i said before, he has the measurables and talent you look for at OG.

And? The jump from D2 to the NFL is too much of a shock for those players, as we saw with Amini last year, who missed numerous assignments. Counting on a D2 guy to give Cam great protection his rookie year is laughable.

Kalil will make a world of difference. Bell is adequate enough to get through another season, as is Hangman. My biggest concern is lack of a legitimate threat at WR to take it to the house every time he touches the ball, on the opposite side of 89. If Ginn and/or Hixon was that type of guy, it probably would have surfaced in their careers by now, but I suppose we can always hope like hell. G-man is that self professed guy---in so many words---that can squeeze out talent from rocks. I'm not getting my hopes up.

And? The jump from D2 to the NFL is too much of a shock for those players, as we saw with Amini last year, who missed numerous assignments. Counting on a D2 guy to give Cam great protection his rookie year is laughable.

Too much of a shock huh? lmao Small time schools produce good players all the time.

I am not counting on him to give Cam GREAT protection. I am counting on him to come in and be serviceable and improve into a good starter for us in the coming years. He has all the tools.

I really don't have a concern about the Panthers. it is the offseason and we are not even done with free agency. We will pickup several more players and possibly jettison several more before the season starts. Look at how many guys we brought in last year who were not on the team at this point in the year who contributed substantially. The same will occur this year. We are not close to being done.

As for some of you whiners and complainers, yeah I have serious concerns. LOL

Too much of a shock huh? lmao Small time schools produce good players all the time.

I am not counting on him to give Cam GREAT protection. I am counting on him to come in and be serviceable and improve into a good starter for us in the coming years. He has all the tools.

Lol keep thinking that, NFL offensive line is already a task for players from D1 schools to adjust to, D2 offensive linemen have NEVER seen that type of speed that they will see in the NFL.

Lol keep thinking that, NFL offensive line is already a task for players from D1 schools to adjust to, D2 offensive linemen have NEVER seen that type of speed that they will see in the NFL.

He has the size, speed, and strength to compete with NFL starters. There is an adjustment for every OL / DL making the transition from college to the pros.

He has all the tools to be a great OG. Thats all that matters esp in the 4th+ rounds.

Biggest Concern Going Into The Season: I wish I only had one! :-(

1) Coaching (HC, OC & DC): I don't see this group getting the most fom the talent (best schemes/use of players).

2) Secondary: Will look better (likely) d/t our DL, but the WRs just in our division will eat Munnerlynn & Thomas alive). We do not have strong enough safety play to cover that up. Hopefully DJ Campbell or Lester can step that up...but I am skeptical.

3) WRs: The Falcons & Bucs have improved their secondaries...will our WRs (other than Smitty) be able to get seperation?

Note: The Bus may be nearly a worst to 1st story with Revis, Banks & Goldson additions this off-season).

4) O-line play: If the right offense is implemented & Cam makes quicker decisions, I am not as concerned about this...but also if WRs can't break press, this could be an area that looks glaring. IMO it is not 'as much' about the talent as it is execution of the offense tho. Many team have less talent on the line than we have, but execute better.

I do no mean this to sound as pessimistic it is going to come out, but I'm glad Gettleman didn't give up any of next years picks, b/c I think we will be picking near the top 10 again (over or under). I do not have faith in these coaches & think we will have a new HC by this time next year.

Oline, WR, Shula, absolutley no reliable KICKER, weak secondary with questions on who is going to cover #1s...???

The moves by Gettle have indicated we will most likely suck until we resign Cam, he is starting at stage 1...it will take time if it works at all.

We don't need a sixth rounder to start to be good this year. The left side will be good with Jordan and Amini. Kalil will be the lynchpin and Bell will play either guard or tackle and be solid. All we need assuming no major injuries is either a right guard or tackle. Even assuming we pick up no one else (which is a big assumption given we will) we still have Handgartner, Campbell, Wells, Williams, G, Williams, Z, and Hicks in addition to Kugbila. All we need is for 1 of them to step up and be healthy. That isn't asking too much. People keep forgetting that not only did we have huge injuries to the offensive line last year but shuffled people in and out from game to game. What you need from any line is consistency and chemistry which was completely missing last year. Given all the issues, they did a great job considering.

Archived