• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Biggest Concern Going Into The Season

Dash Global

Anyone else extremely worried about Shula and the O playcalling?

This guy pretty much sucked as an OC. Could it have been the players? Sure, but I doubt it, as ive seen many good OC come in and turn a bad O around.

I would have felt much better if we had signed the guy that was the HC in Oakland.

My biggest worry is Steve Smith going down for an extended time with an injury. Our #1 receiver is then Brandon Lefell and we probably start LaFell, Hixon, and Ginn. Let that sink in.

Second biggest worry is probably Shula and how he approaches the offensive play calling. I am hoping terminology stays the same and we run a traditional style offense with Cam under center and we utilize the run to set up the pass and play action.

Third, I hope Star and Short are pretty well developed already and adjust to the NFL quickly because if not...our secondary may get picked apart by some of the better offenses in the league. I think they will be fine, however.

OL

Cam got beat to poo last year. If he was a prototypical pocket passer with no ability to escape, I doubt he would've survived the season. I know we're getting Kalil back, but I'm still pretty worried about the right side. That 4th round OG may be good down the road, but I doubt he'll be ready to lay as a rookie. Bell is just a guy. If he's penciled in as a starter, you're still looking for a RT.

My biggest worry is Steve Smith going down for an extended time with an injury. Our #1 receiver is then Brandon Lefell and we probably start LaFell, Hixon, and Ginn. Let that sink in.

Second biggest worry is probably Shula and how he approaches the offensive play calling. I am hoping terminology stays the same and we run a traditional style offense with Cam under center and we utilize the run to set up the pass and play action.

Third, I hope Star and Short are pretty well developed already and adjust to the NFL quickly because if not...our secondary may get picked apart by some of the better offenses in the league. I think they will be fine, however.

Not worried about our WRs with the addition of Hixon. Anyone that watched him play last year knows he is a stud when healthy. Now if Smith, Olsen, and Hixon go down with injury, then Ill be really worried.

I dont like this using the run to set up the pass talk. You have to attack the defenses weaknesses. How we suppose to set up the run when they are stacking the box out the gate? If they come out in run defense, hit them with the play action pass, if they come out soft defending the pass hit them with the run.

Dwan and Kearse played well last year. Even without Star and Short we will get a good pass rush.

O-line. I think Gettleman was honest when he said that there were no major needs pre-draft, but having said that, who apart from Kugbila could even step up and be that other guard? Gettleman's approach to FA was to patch positional needs with mid-level FA's so we could draft BPA right? Well who's this guy we're supposed to fall back on? I'll be monitoring any movement at the position closely.

O-line. I think Gettleman was honest when he said that there were no major needs pre-draft, but having said that, who apart from Kugbila could even step up and be that other guard? Gettleman's approach to FA was to patch positional needs with mid-level FA's so we could draft BPA right? Well who's this guy we're supposed to fall back on? I'll be monitoring any movement at the position closely.

That UDFA we signed has nice size and held his own against Floyd this past year.

Historically what ever we think it's the opposite. Just think of the past 2 years. With a new QB and no training camp everyone thought the offense was gonna suck and the D hopefully would carry us. The opposite happened. This year we thought the offense would explode and the defense would suck. Nope, the opposite. I suggest enjoying the ride.

Archived