• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What are you looking for in Cam next year?

ncguy2184

if he has good G play and open WRs....I think he will be unstoppable. Maybe 2-3 "off" games where his accuracy just is a little too spotty.

If the OL play doesn't improve over last year....it is too difficult for him to be consistant IMO over a full season

4th Quarter performance. Think about his fumble in Atlanta. Think about his dead duck pass against Seattle. That is two plays that would have resulted in 2 wins. 9-7, winning season. Cam needs that killer instinct that the great ones have.

He played great against Atl....fumble or no fumble we should of still won that game. But hey, who needs competent DBs right? Rookie DTs will mask it all season imma right?

Also would have been nice if his one WR Smith had wanted to play football against Sea...

Being "CLUTCH". Jake was always clutch in games for us during his prime times.

Cam needs to learn how to win late in the 4th quarter.

"Clutch" is often bogus. Cam has put us in position to win tons of games and if the D would have made basic plays he would have been deemed clutch. They don't put easy wins away.

....instead he gets the ball back often with seconds, no timeouts, asked to drive 80 yards with only a TD as an option.

"Clutch" is often bogus. Cam has put us in position to win tons of games and if the D would have made basic plays he would have been deemed clutch. They don't put easy wins away.

....instead he gets the ball back often with seconds, no timeouts, asked to drive 80 yards with only a TD as an option.

Very true, but at times he often failed to succeed in those situation, i.e. Seattle, Chicago, Atlanta games. When you're a franchise qb, you have to find ways to win doesnt matter how bad your defense is, i.e. Matt Ryan vs Panthers and Peyton Manning during his early times with no defense at Indy.

He improved upon his rookie season, so just continued improvement. Continued improvement in turnovers, and completion %. He's done a great job, especially with him being pressured constantly and hit due to our piss poor OL, and our below avg WR who have trouble getting open or separation.

Big things from Cam next year. I'm willing to bet that our defense will be top 3 despite our light secondary, This is the year he puts the pieces together and does very very well.

Cam needs to be a key part of the team, not the only part of the team. If Shula can get the run game going and if the defense pans out like i think it will, Mr. Cam Newton will win some games.

Cam will be in the top 3 in MVP voting. I like Shula as the OC and that bodes well for Cam to be more of a traditional passer. With the defense actually not falling apart in the 4th quarter, Cam will improve on the stat sheet and in the eyes of his biggest critics. From what he has shown and done with the play calling from Chud, I do not see why he cannot achieve the below stats with improvement and 2 seasons under his belt.

4,600 yards

35 tds / 12 int

650 yards rushing

10 Rush TD

I want him to finish games. The first lost to Atlanta was Cam's fault too. If he wouldn't have fumbled we would gotten the first down and milked rest of the game.

I love Cam, but we need to win like everyone has said, in the 4th quarter.

Only in that game bc of Cam. No excuse for us losing after we didn't get that yard. Not Cam's fault.

Problem is people want to claim it is Cam late. It is the fact the team around him can't do basics when he isn't on the field late.

Like I said, a QB can do X....and it is often what the D or ST does that determines if he gets to be viewed as clutch or not.

Archived