• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ender's Game - Trailer released

dos poptarts

I actually enjoyed this book. It was assigned to us in my English class when I was in college. I actually read it quickly. I haven't read the other books in the series.

I didn't dig them.

I need to try them again.

• 1 month later...

http://www.salon.com/2013/07/09/orson_scott_card_gay_marriage_issue_has_become_moot/

And now Mr Scott Card is worried about his box office numbers...

Ender’s Game is set more than a century in the future and has nothing to do with political issues that did not exist when the book was written in 1984.

With the recent Supreme Court ruling, the gay marriage issue becomes moot. The Full Faith and Credit clause of the Constitution will, sooner or later, give legal force in every state to any marriage contract recognized by any other state.

Now it will be interesting to see whether the victorious proponents of gay marriage will show tolerance toward those who disagreed with them when the issue was still in dispute.

Orson Scott Card

How about because I think with the exception of Fat Pat I think OSC might be the most odious human being that Ive ever had the displeasure of interacting with?

I don't even know anything about the guy except for gays hating him because he's religious and doesn't support gay marriage. My biggest problem with him is that his book is kind of overrated.

Hailee Steinfeld is a stud. Anyone else saw her in True Grit and thought she acted better than 95% of female actresses twice her age?

I'm telling you, that girl and Quvenzhane Wallis (Beasts of the Southern Wild) are gonna be future multi Oscar winner, without a doubt.

With that said, never read the books, but hell yeah to the movie!

Although, never been a Harrison Ford fan. Dude comes across as super corny to me.

I don't even know anything about the guy except for gays hating him because he's religious and doesn't support gay marriage. My biggest problem with him is that his book is kind of overrated.

He lives just outside of Greensboro and if you spend any time at all in the local Barnes & Noble's you'll have the distinct displeasure of having the OCS experience.

Dude is a raging asshole.

Archived