• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Can we all get along?

Brokenbad

Charleston shot 1st! Burn.

Since I spent over 12 years living in SC, I don't think that's a burn for me...

See, you can try to attack me but I'm Armour plated. I've live extensive years in NC, gone to UNC, spent extensive years in SC, went to USC and spent the last 7 years in Virginia...

Aww..Can't handle the truth??

Face it, NC is just as overlooked as any state in the nation.

There is nothing in NC, that isn't sports related, that anybody cares about.

At least SC has a heritage and history in being one of the most important locations in the growth and development of our nation.

Charleston is called by most historical experts to be the "NYC of the South" when talking about our nations history, and Charleston is one of the key points in dozens of historical events, having numerous films based and filmed there.

That's about the funniest thread I've ever heard...

North Carolina has no identity

North Carolina is known nationally for its mountains and coasts, its temperate climate, it's college athletics, it's golf, its tourism, its research triangle park, its cost of living, its largest Army base in the country, its one of the fastest growing cities in the nation, it's NASCAR roots, its birthplace of flight and Pepsi-Cola, and many other things. If indeed there is no identity for this state its not because there is nothing of substance it's because there are too many things. I am not saying its the best stat in the country to live but your statement is pretty dumb. Not only is there plenty of things for the state to be proud of there is no such thing is an "identity" in any state nor is there a need for one, nor does it make any difference if there is a perceived identity or not.

At least SC has a heritage and history in being one of the most important locations in the growth and development of our nation.

Charleston is called by most historical experts to be the "NYC of the South" when talking about our nations history, and Charleston is one of the key points in dozens of historical events, having numerous films based and filmed there.

You should work in a museum. You know, since you deal with ancient history and all.

I do like North Litchfield though. My family has a house there. So anyone from North Litchfield gets a pass in my book.

North Carolina is known nationally for its mountains and coasts, its temperate climate, it's college athletics, it's golf, its tourism, its research triangle park, its cost of living, its largest Army base in the country, its one of the fastest growing cities in the nation, it's NASCAR roots, its birthplace of flight and Pepsi-Cola, and many other things. If indeed there is no identity for this state its not because there is nothing of substance it's because there are too many things. I am not saying its the best stat in the country to live but your statement is pretty dumb. Not only is there plenty of things for the state to be proud of there is no such thing is an "identity" in any state nor is there a need for one, nor does it make any difference if there is a perceived identity or not.

troll'd

South Carolina has so many reason's to be jealous of North Carolina...

1. The Panthers are located in the great state of North Carolina

2. We have the 5X National Champion Tar Heels & they have the GameCOCKS.

3. We have the Hurricanes and they have no NHL team.

4. Even though the Bobcats suck they're still located in North Carolina.

5. Do I need to keep listing these facts that prove NC is so much better than SC?

***Oh yeah it's a proven fact that people born in NC are much smarter than people born in SC :]***

Two words..FIRE WORKS:hand:

Myrtle beach should be the main reason why there is testing. The strip should be the first target. Charleston and hilton head island are the only strips of land that contain anything of value in that entire state. If you don't mind showering three times a day during the summer, fighting off flying bugs that swarm constantly, or the constant smell of burning paper you could possibly enjoy some time in these areas.

There's too much money being made there though.

I'm certainly not saying that we're New York or California, but someone from South Carolina insinuating that North Carolinians shouldn't think their state is important is like the kid with Down Syndrome calling the Autistic kid a retard.

Well besides the research triangle, sure. I mean UNC is one of the top 10 biggest research centers as far as public universities go, and that's just one of the three schools. Charlotte is also a major banking center, whereas South Carolina probably doesn't even have banks because most people there still keep money and food under their mattresses.

Yes, and so does Kansas and Nebraska and other boring, useless states according to the 5th grade social studies teachers who teach there. You guys were the first to secede from the Union! Man, that's something to be proud of. "Hey honey, let's go to South Carolina. They hate being in the United States almost as Texas does!" The reason South Carolina seceded first was because no one gave a poo about it anyways, so people there were thinking, "Maybe people would pay attention to us if we formed our own country?"

No one says that besides historians from South Carolina. Wow, you guys have had movies filmed in one of your cities? How unique! I think only 49 other states have done that, so I can see why you would use that as a selling point for tourism. "Come visit South Carolina, we've had movies filmed here!"

Archived