• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Redskin fan logic

SCP

Nobody except a panther fan calls him Chud, the cover has been blown nc_skins

Seriously man, this isn't the first time I've been here. I've been following/scanning these forums before Cam Newton was drafted. Well before the board changed. You know, back when you had ratings for users.

Is there a ignore option for these forums? The trolls are a bit annoying.

You can be offended by me claiming RGIII is more intelligent than Cam Newton, but I think we can look back to college to see that claim is a no brainer. Ever think that Chud used that read-option stuff with Cam to help him along with the offense while learning the over all offense? I mean, didn't it net Cam ROTY and broke the rookie record for passing yards? If you want to give Chud all the blame, you have to give him the credit as well.

I'm not claiming they offense are alike so not sure where that came from. yes, we fed our RBs the balls because their offense dictates the run opens it up for the passing game. It was that way in Denver, in Houston, and now in Washington. So here is a question, why are you paying all that money to two backs you aren't utilizing?

I think time will tell about both quarterbacks. It's too soon to be annointing any of these guys anything.

Are you really as dumb as you appear, and do/can you actually read?

Cam didn't rely on the Read Option Much during his Rookie season. Cam played out mostly pro-sets, the shot gun, and under center, with some read option for variety. He pretty much stood back there and threw if/when he wasn't running.

That is far different than what RG3 did during his carefully managed rookie season. 

RG3 could not run the Panthers offense in 2011 or the second half of 2012 with any success. 

And that answers your second question regarding the 'high priced' running backs. Because of the Cam's success during 2011, Chud turned into a mad scientist, thinking he didn't need them, focusing on a deep passing attack (and read option, which the RB's weren't really suited for--especially with Cam handing off to them), when the crippled offensive line couldn't hold off the defense long enough for either. 

Rivera, forced Chud to go back to the Panther offense of Cam's Rookie season, where he's mostly a drop back passer/stands tall, patient in the pocket (unlike RG3) and under center, who can run when needed. The RB's also ran better under center, out of the I Formation, which made any unconventional plays that sucked before more effective. 

You can be offended by me claiming RGIII is more intelligent than Cam Newton, but I think we can look back to college to see that claim is a no brainer. Ever think that Chud used that read-option stuff with Cam to help him along with the offense while learning the over all offense? I mean, didn't it net Cam ROTY and broke the rookie record for passing yards? If you want to give Chud all the blame, you have to give him the credit as well.

cam performed much better when chudzinski treated him as a pro quarterback than not, full stop.  your assertion might be a good argument if he ran the read option extremely well (it didn't work for reasons unrelated to cam's intelligence, maturity, understanding of the pro game, whatever) but utterly failed when he was asked to get under center.

as was noted previously, chudzinski didn't go full retard with the read option until 2012.  those formations tore apart tampa bay twice to end the 2011 season because they were injured and had given up but he had cam slinging it very effectively for most of the season out of two tight end sets in the shotgun and from under center.  it's been brought up many times on this board recently but, in retrospect, losing shockey after 2011 hurt worse than we anticipated.

I'm not claiming they offense are alike so not sure where that came from. yes, we fed our RBs the balls because their offense dictates the run opens it up for the passing game. It was that way in Denver, in Houston, and now in Washington.

i'm not saying you said that.  the point is washington's scheme and playcalling was light years ahead of anything cam had to work with until week 9 or 10.  the idea that you could drop griffin on the panthers and we'd have won more (as you actually did claim a few pages ago) is nonsense.

So here is a question, why are you paying all that money to two backs you aren't utilizing?

this question gets asked a thousand times a day on this board.

I'm not claiming they offense are alike so not sure where that came from. yes, we fed our RBs the balls because their offense dictates the run opens it up for the passing game. It was that way in Denver, in Houston, and now in Washington. So here is a question, why are you paying all that money to two backs you aren't utilizing?

I think time will tell about both quarterbacks. It's too soon to be annointing any of these guys anything.

You obviously paid zero attention to what has been said. Why did Cam thrive in a pro-style offense compared to a read-option system?  Why were we more pro-style offense oriented in 2011 then first half of the season 2012 Cam struggled. This is dumb. There is a difference between football knowledge and playing the media with "sophisticated talk" like RG3.

And we will see next year when we feed our backs the ball with Shula as our OC.

You may be Grits. Because this is a level of retarded posting.

MODS MOVE THIS TO NFL FORUM

goodness

STFU

Guys, I'm not trying to be rude or disrespectful, but let me be rude and disrespectful. I find it funny that you are the bigger troll, and not the visiting fan. Either way, I'm done replying to you personally. If other Panther fans want to discuss, by all means. No hate here. I enjoy when the Panthers do good.

ps. If you can't see him going through the reads in the videos, than you don't know what you are watching.

Cam 2

Redskins 0

Suck it

Cam 2

Redskins 0

Suck it

Congrats. Indeed you guys have beasted us the past three times we've played. Hats off to that. However, we won our division last year, how about you all?

This was my favorite from the Panthers/Redskins series the past few years.

605285_o.gif

Congrats. Indeed you guys have beasted us the past three times we've played. Hats off to that. However, we won our division last year, how about you all?

This was my favorite from the Panthers/Redskins series the past few years.

605285_o.gif

Mines every single play our defense lit RGknee up last game. Like when he got spun or when our pass rush lit him up. My prediction is he'll be getting quite used to that this year with his running threat diminished

Archived