• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers will have $10 million in cap space on June 2nd

PantherFeez

Even cutting CJ as a June 1st would only save the team roughly 2.75 Million on the season next year, cutting him any other way would cost the team around 3.25 Million. It's much more likely that the team lets him play the 2014 year and then restructure or cut his more manageable contract. 

CJ would get traded if anything trade him to the Raiders. Heck we could probably get a 1st & 2nd from those dumbasses.

CJ would get traded if anything trade him to the Raiders. Heck we could probably get a 1st & 2nd from those dumbasses.

A trade would impact the cap the same way, the earliest it can be done with realistically is the 2015 off season when he only has one year remaining.  He's in a much better position then Williams or Gross were in when they agreed to restructure. 

A trade would impact the cap the same way, the earliest it can be done with realistically is the 2015 off season when he only has one year remaining.  He's in a much better position then Williams or Gross were in when they agreed to restructure. 

This ^^^. Nothing can realistically be done until his dead money drops to $6M vs his Salary/workout bonus of $10M in 2015. This is when we will see an extension with a reworking of his last 2 signed years (no way he makes $16M in 2015) or his release. But no matter what, we should see Getts draft a DE this year or next to sit back for depth and as a negotiation tool come 2015 with CJ. Beason's "take a pay cut, or leave" will come after this season -- and you can be sure AJ Klein will be used as a tool for "we have a guy to replace you already"

I still would take the dead money hit if the deal was right. I much rather have CJ with us so would love to see him restructured for sure. If not I just don't want it to be like the Peppers deal all over again. Should of got something for PEP. I could see Beason or JStew getting traded during the season or after.

Cleveland might need a RB. I don't see them doing much more than signing an available guy but you never know.

They have a young Trent Richardson...

No team with a young stud wants to add an expensive roleplayer

I still would take the dead money hit if the deal was right. I much rather have CJ with us so would love to see him restructured for sure. If not I just don't want it to be like the Peppers deal all over again. Should of got something for PEP. I could see Beason or JStew getting traded during the season or after.

Good point, CJ could be traded if his price isn't right or us in 2015. Trading him away with 2 years left on his contract should be appealing to someone. Definitely worth at minimum a 2nd rounder. JStew can't be traded for years to come because of $14M dead money that will slowly go away. He's stuck with us for 3-4 years so hope for his leg/feet issues to stay away

I'm surprised there's been no movement on anyone.

No point. Gotta wait until the wave of vets are cut right before the season starts. Quality guys get cut when teams get a chance to look at there young guys and then feel comfortable going young

If we can pull together and have a good year. By good I mean playoffs, possibly trading CJ won't be a concern. As much as I dislike the Patriots, they have people take cuts just so they can play on the team. We need to develop that rep. Then instead of overpaying financially, we give them a shot at what they really want. A Super Bowl.

Archived