• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Top to Bottom

That's one of my biggest gripes about this team throughout it's history- slow starts.

Come out on Week 1 looking to make a statement. We need 53 Greg Hardy's.

being strong at the end of the year means absolutely NOTHING unless they 1) manage to squeak into the playoffs and/or 2) come out hard and fast the next year.

this team is a losing team because it takes too long for them to get their poo together...players and coaches. the lack of preparation and focus ultimately lies on the leadership of this team...mainly the coaching staff.

if they have a losing record heading into the bye, it's hard to imagine them doing much better overall this year than any other year.

they need more than excuses and justifications (which i'm convinced is the panthers way). they need results. they need more than a coach who is rambling on about rome taking centuries to build. they need a coach who pulls them together and gets them fired up and ready coming out of the gate.

i hope it happens this year.

being strong at the end of the year means absolutely NOTHING unless they 1) manage to squeak into the playoffs and/or 2) come out hard and fast the next year.

this team is a losing team because it takes too long for them to get their poo together...players and coaches. the lack of preparation and focus ultimately lies on the leadership of this team...mainly the coaching staff.

if they have a losing record heading into the bye, it's hard to imagine them doing much better overall this year than any other year.

they need more than excuses and justifications (which i'm convinced is the panthers way). they need results. they need more than a coach who is rambling on about rome taking centuries to build. they need a coach who pulls them together and gets them fired up and ready coming out of the gate.

i hope it happens this year.

Bingo

Dont get me wrong, i really want infinite superbowlz out of this team, and i am as positive as a plus would get but there is a huge difference between expecting a certain outcome and predicting a certain outcome.

I do too see the potential this team has BUT dont let your will for this team to win to be the driving factor of your team/player/position assessment/evaluation. It often does not end well.

Maybe i've been a panther fan too long. While still very optimistic, I am now very cautious about predicting performance from certain positions and players. but thats just me.

if I were to listen to you, we shouldn't expect improvement and wins cause we've been let down before.

you don't have to listen to me.

you make it sound like getting let down is a rare thing. I've just come to expect it because that's what they do.

i expect improvement. i don't expect a winning season because that's not happened but a few times ever and not once since '09. for me to feel good about our chances this year i have to see them come out of the gate winning. until i see that i have no reason to believe that this year will be any different. a slow start with a poo load of excuses. i can't think of a more rational and reasonable way to view it.

i have no problem with people buying the yearly hype and ignoring our past. i have no problem with a homeristic point of view. i just don't buy in to all that anymore. i wish i did but the blinders fell off.

When you talk about how good our offense and defense are because they were "top 12" you aren't being objective. Both were ranked 18th in points (you know the most meaningful stat, the one that actually determines wins and losses). Doesn't matter where they ranked in yards, 18th in points along with bad special teams means you aren't a good team.

With Godfrey at the helm in the defensive backfield and Mitchell (IMO) starting we will be good as any at Safety.

Yes because what happens when one of the worst safeties in the league consistently ranked in the bottom tier in his position every single year joins forces with a reject Raider who was rated -5.1 by pff in 2012? One of the best safety tandems in the league, bro

tumblr_m3fbb0PIwW1qhb5jxo1_500.png

Archived