• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Duke Robinson

Lilsmitty09

Remember him?

robinson_duke.jpg

2009 4th round draft pick for us that never panned out. Compared to Otah in his work ethic, and had potential (not as high as Otah however).

Tonight while interning (game film and making highlight reels for players to send to NFL and CFL teams) for the Arena Football team the Spokane Shock, I glanced into the opponents (Utah Blaze) starting lineup and saw the name Duke Robinson. I thought for a second, and looked again to only show the expression:

dude-opening-door-wtf-az0lpng.gif

Ironically enough, tonight I was assigned to film the Offensive/Defensive line. With that being said here is what I witnessed:

- In Arena Football, sacks are rare. In fact TEAMS (not players) only total up about 1 or 2 sacks a game if that, Robinson gave up 3 tonight.

- Not counting those 3 sacks, Robinson gave his quarterback about 1 second to get rid of the ball before Robinsons' man was in the QB's face.

- In Arena Football, OL are eligible to catch the ball (pending on where they line up). On 4th and 1 down a score, Robinson was wide up on a dump off 1 yard from the quarterback and at the first down marker to only drop the ball. Kind of reminded me of this, what would have been his shining moment:

1336405435_fat_guy_trampoline_dunk_fail.

- In another crucial moment, after gaining a chunk of yards and driving all the way to the goal line, Robinson took a cheap shot and it cost them a personal foul, which would then be followed up by an INT.

- Robinson had a false start to go along with this as well.

- Last but certainly not least, he was always the last one on the field, and the last one off. He got tired literally after the first drive, and didn't give effort anymore after that (with hardly any given that one drive). Reminded me a lot of Otah, which is a shame.

Probably mostly pointless, but this timespan until TC is so pointless anyways, who gives a fug. And for me being up in Washington and seeing ex or current Panthers is a rare sighting. Moral of the story is, even though we made a mistake by drafting him, we made the correct decision in cutting his lazy ass. Keep Pounding.

PS

The final score in the game was 80-41. Looks like Robinson is already thinking about what's next:

peter_tsai_food_bojangles-4.jpg

All I can say about Kugbila is this--if he does not work out, they will never listen to the OL staff again.  They were all over this kid,

About Duke Robinson--he was a 5th rounder, not a 4th, but I would have taken him in the fourth.  He was projected to be a stud.  I even saw him with first round grades.  However, when a player falls like that, there is usually a reason.  

Archived