• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bobcats Event Thursday Night

RoaringRiot

the fellas over at BringBacktheBuzz tweeted that Stern said that Charlotte was tops in the league in season tickets sales this offseason...any link to confirm this?

There was an article that we had sold over $1 million dollars in ticket sales within 24 hours of the name change.

Most say that it isn't that much, but when you are selling season tickets as low as $2 per seat. I would say that it's quite an accomplishment.

The STH event at Bubble was pretty good. I polished off quite a few free beers in the hour. I was outside on the balcony for a while. When I opened the door to go inside I literally hit Kendall Gill with the door. KG looks like he's in his 20s and could probably be one of our top three shooters if he played today. Kelly Tripuka was pretty grey, but was in good shape. Muggys took pictures with people the whole time. He was definitely the crowd's favorite. Rex looked like he should be working on computers. I toasted him to what I called the most underrated dunk contest performance in history. Does anyone remember his dunks? They were different than what everyone else was doing at that time and he didn't get any love from the judges.

All the guys were very gracious and everyone loved seeing them.

I took pictures with all the guys. I wasn't going to post them unless someone wants to see them.

The STH event at Bubble was pretty good. I polished off quite a few free beers in the hour. I was outside on the balcony for a while. When I opened the door to go inside I literally hit Kendall Gill with the door. KG looks like he's in his 20s and could probably be one of our top three shooters if he played today. Kelly Tripuka was pretty grey, but was in good shape. Muggys took pictures with people the whole time. He was definitely the crowd's favorite. Rex looked like he should be working on computers. I toasted him to what I called the most underrated dunk contest performance in history. Does anyone remember his dunks? They were different than what everyone else was doing at that time and he didn't get any love from the judges.

All the guys were very gracious and everyone loved seeing them.

I took pictures with all the guys. I wasn't going to post them unless someone wants to see them.

Definitely post the pics. Sounds like a good time.

Just had to share a couple Tripucka pics...

The first one is the Starting Lineup figure he signed for me, and the second one is the man himself.  Last night couldn't have been any more amazing.  All the players were super affable (I asked Dell if Seth was coming to training camp: "Maybe...it's looking good!"; I chatted for a solid minute about the Dee Brown block in '93 with Kendall...amazing stuff).  And yeah.  KELLY FRIGGIN' TRIPUCKA.  

Magical.

post-12247-0-52691200-1374245077_thumb.jpost-12247-0-64081100-1374244695_thumb.j

And then there is this asshole who takes a picture 5 hours before the event and sends it to deadspin to mock (although a couple of the number things made me snicker).

http://deadspin.com/the-hornets-name-change-party-is-going-strong-826967207?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

Yeah, that was pretty lame of them to put up.  You mean the place isn't packed out at noon on a Thursday before ANYTHING is scheduled to happen?!?!  You don't say!

I saw the Bring Back The Buzz Twitter kept sending Deadspin pictures of the packed crowd throughout the night, but I don't think Deadspin ever used any of them.

Archived