• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Are the essential elements in place?

Mr. Scot

i think i read somewere he had like 3 sacks..and good # of QB hurries for a DT..but i still never heard of him when a watched SEC games

Irvin wasn't spectacular at Georgia (only there a couple of years), but he was solid in his senior year, where he benefited from an injury to the starter early in the season. He got his chance, and he made an impact. The jury is still out on him because of his lack of being able to play, but his game and development has plenty of upside. What I like about him is that he isn't going to miss many tackles. I really can't remember seeing him get beat, but remember his name being called a few times per game for stopping the play. I really don't see him as an authentic pass rusher at the moment, by any means, but I can see him being a solid disruptor in the run game, and the occasional beneficiary of the pressure of others because he will continue with the play by following the ball until the play stops. He showed signs of ability to be a force in college. Hopefully his continued progression under the tutelage of Meeks will help him raise his game to optimistic expectations

I think it's too early to assume we're running a Tampa-2 style defense... but assuming we are, I think we have all the pieces except for the 3 technique DT... Lewis has his moments but doesn't apply enough consistent pressure up the middle.

I think it's too early to assume we're running a Tampa-2 style defense... but assuming we are, I think we have all the pieces except for the 3 technique DT... Lewis has his moments but doesn't apply enough consistent pressure up the middle.

All the comments we've had from defensive guys running minicamp drills would indicate that we are. I'd say it's pretty safe to assume at this point.

First off if you compare anybody to Warren Sapp, they generally come up lacking.

Second, yes, we are going to be running a similar D as to what Meeks ran in Indy. He did not have a Warren Sapp there either. Also, if he is as good of a DC as he is touted to be he should be able to make some adjustments to his scheme based on personell and still make it work. If the man only has one set of plays and is incapable of adjusting them why in the hell are we paying him.

The talent that we have on this side of the ball is far superior to the talent Meeks had in Indy. We all saw what he was able to do there. I believe that we will be fine.

Archived